Hub dust cap coming loose on new bike.

Galoot
Galoot Posts: 7
edited October 2011 in Workshop
Hey everyone..

I purchased a new Cannondale Synapse last week and had my first ride out on Saturday. Love the bike, soooo comfy really happy with the ride!

While cycling along the bike started jingling like Santas Sleigh.. after realising it was me jingling I stopped to check the bike over. The little silver dust cap that covers the hub bearings has come loose. I tried to push it back in but it just keeps jangling loose, all the over caps seem fine.

Does anyone know how these are supposed to stay in place? It doesn't seem to screw in and pushing it in only keeps it in temporarily. I was thinking if getting some loctite threadlock but was worried if this got on the bearings it would cause problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Assuming it is a brand new bike then take it back to where you bought it if local and have them sort it out. I wouldnt want to bodge a fix on a brand new bike if there's a sensible alternative (ie easy repair / replacement under warantee)
  • Galoot
    Galoot Posts: 7
    Assuming it is a brand new bike then take it back to where you bought it if local and have them sort it out. I wouldnt want to bodge a fix on a brand new bike if there's a sensible alternative (ie easy repair / replacement under warantee)

Yeah normally I would.. unfortunately I purchased it online (and saved £150) so the store I bought it from is about 2 hours drive away doh!