Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

So, Cavendish to be a father, eh?

iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,779
edited October 2011 in Pro race
Conceived during the Tour? Blimey, cycling has changed.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Posts

  • NoclueNoclue Posts: 679
    Surplus of testosterone? :lol:
  • jamlalajamlala Posts: 284
    And you know this how?
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    [email protected]    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • andypandyp Posts: 8,282
    Has cycling really changed? The flamboyant sprinter is nearly as old as the sport itself.

    I just never had Cavendish down as a Cipollini type!
  • jamlalajamlala Posts: 284
    Fairly new relationship (still in the honeymoon period) and she has great tits, why wouldn't he?!
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    [email protected]    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 8,640
    jamlala wrote:
    And you know this how?


    Twitter


    @MarkCavendish
    Mark Cavendish: "I'm happy to announce, beyond doubt, my proudest moment of this year.... @petatodd is pregnant. I'm going to be a daddy."


    https://twitter.com/#!/MarkCavendish
  • NapoleonDNapoleonD Posts: 18,632
    It was in The Sun earlier this morning. That's where Iain gets all his cycling insider knowledge :)
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • TMRTMR Posts: 3,986
    I've just read this on his Twitter now; thought I'd pop on here to post but see that Iain the Early Bird caught the worm before me ;)

    I'm pleased for them both :)
  • inkyfingersinkyfingers Posts: 4,397
    Congratulations to them both, fantastic news.

    If his sperm move as fast as he does then it's a wonder it's taken him this long to get her up the duff!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TMRTMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:
    Conceived during the Tour? Blimey, cycling has changed.

    He's not the only one! Ours was conceived during the Tour as well (went to watch the first 2 weeks) - due end of March/start of April. Quick! To Twitter! :)

    P.S. As much as I love Cav, rest assured the baby won't be called Mark if a boy - I'm not that much of a saddo ;)
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 20,375
    Ah poor Tusher's gonna be crushed!

    Congrats to the both of them!

    (Mark and Peta that is, not Tusher, though I'm sure she has done something that warrants congrats too...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TusherTusher Posts: 2,762
    Crushed.
  • TusherTusher Posts: 2,762
    But delighted for both of them.
    From their tweets, he appears to have relished being a step-dad to her little boy, and this must be the icing on the cake of his best year.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    It was in The Sun earlier this morning. That's where Iain gets all his cycling insider knowledge :)

    He only buys it for the big cogs on page 3
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 9,991
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It was in The Sun earlier this morning. That's where Iain gets all his cycling insider knowledge :)

    He only buys it for the big cogs on page 3

    I once saw a thread on another forum where a skimpily clad and extremely attractive young woman posed with her top of the range TT bike. The rest of the thread dealt with the aesthetic sensibilities of not having the chain on the big ring for the photo :lol:
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

    @DrHeadgear

    The Vikings are coming!
  • MrTapirMrTapir Posts: 1,206
    iainf72 wrote:
    Conceived during the Tour? Blimey, cycling has changed.

    He's not the only one! Ours was conceived during the Tour as well (went to watch the first 2 weeks) - due end of March/start of April. Quick! To Twitter! :)

    P.S. As much as I love Cav, rest assured the baby won't be called Mark if a boy - I'm not that much of a saddo ;)

    Cadel? if it was a girl you could call it Victouria. Ill get me coat...
  • Ron StuartRon Stuart Posts: 1,242
    There used to be saying by family or freinds when you anounced you were to become a father..... 'that will slow you down a bit mate' :shock:
  • ms_treems_tree Posts: 1,405
    I'm just helping my dad do his Sunday Express crossword and the 1st clue is:
    Manx cyclist who won the 2011 UCI Road World Championships (4,9)
    Wonder who that can be?????????
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,779
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I'm just helping my dad do his Sunday Express crossword and the 1st clue is:
    Manx cyclist who won the 2011 UCI Road World Championships (4,9)
    Wonder who that can be?????????

    Express, eh? In that case, the correct answer is "Road TaxDodger"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dilemnadilemna Posts: 2,277
    iainf72 wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I'm just helping my dad do his Sunday Express crossword and the 1st clue is:
    Manx cyclist who won the 2011 UCI Road World Championships (4,9)
    Wonder who that can be?????????

    Express, eh? In that case, the correct answer is "Road TaxDodger"


    :lol::lol::lol:

    Wonder what names Cav and M. Cav have got lined up?

    So the stages he didn't win were because the night before ....................... or he was saving himself for the final sprint :lol:
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dougzzdougzz Posts: 1,833
    I was wondering........
    Tony Martin buys her (Peta) a couple of drinks, hands her off to Bernie Eisel who takes her to dinner, then Renshaw takes her to the bedroom, where Cav appears, and...........
  • inkyfingersinkyfingers Posts: 4,397
    Don't forget that Erik Zabel will have already have tested her out so that he can give Mark some tips, plus he'd have Rolf Aldag and Brian Holm shouting encouragement into his earpiece the whole time.

    Chasing Legends, the deleted scenes!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • CrankbrotherCrankbrother Posts: 1,695
    That would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that your references are somewhat degrading to someone who has no place to be mentioned in a cycling forum ...

    If you wanna make those kind of jokes down the pub with your buddies, then fine, but have a wee bit of sense and don't type it out for the world to read in a cycling forum ... You just end up looking like a moron ...
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 20,375
    That would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that your references are somewhat degrading to someone who has no place to be mentioned in a cycling forum ...

    If you wanna make those kind of jokes down the pub with your buddies, then fine, but have a wee bit of sense and don't type it out for the world to read in a cycling forum ... You just end up looking like a moron ...

    Am I missing something here, or are you actually serious?

    Can't be serious can he???
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingersinkyfingers Posts: 4,397
    ddraver wrote:
    That would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that your references are somewhat degrading to someone who has no place to be mentioned in a cycling forum ...

    If you wanna make those kind of jokes down the pub with your buddies, then fine, but have a wee bit of sense and don't type it out for the world to read in a cycling forum ... You just end up looking like a moron ...

    Am I missing something here, or are you actually serious?

    Can't be serious can he???

    I hope not, for his own sake.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • markwb79markwb79 Posts: 929
    dougzz wrote:
    I was wondering........
    Tony Martin buys her (Peta) a couple of drinks, hands her off to Bernie Eisel who takes her to dinner, then Renshaw takes her to the bedroom, where Cav appears, and...........


    Funniest thing I have ever read on this forum
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • ms_treems_tree Posts: 1,405
    "The rest-day baby, or, Where was Bernie?"
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 23,961
    dougzz wrote:
    I was wondering........
    Tony Martin buys her (Peta) a couple of drinks, hands her off to Bernie Eisel who takes her to dinner, then Renshaw takes her to the bedroom, where Cav appears, and...........

    I would have let this go, but then someone said it was the funniest thing they'd read on this forum. And I'm not having that. You'll be hearing from my lawyers.... :lol:

    Exhibit A (look at the my post on that page):

    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 09f99b9667
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dougzzdougzz Posts: 1,833
    No no no, completely different. About as alike as a Galaxy II and an iPhone 4 :)

    To be honest I don't remember your post, but its a pretty obvious idea. I was prompted by the memory of an American TV advert for something or other, with Tom Brady being 'protected' by his offensive line. So you'd have Brady in a sharp suit going to dinner with some hottie, and the offensive line would be there in their pads and uniforms. I think there were some others on the same theme.

    Edit: I think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a209lYNetOc
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 23,961
    dougzz wrote:
    No no no, completely different. About as alike as a Galaxy II and an iPhone 4 :)

    To be honest I don't remember your post, but its a pretty obvious idea. I was prompted by the memory of an American TV advert for something or other, with Tom Brady being 'protected' by his offensive line. So you'd have Brady in a sharp suit going to dinner with some hottie, and the offensive line would be there in their pads and uniforms. I think there were some others on the same theme.

    Edit: I think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a209lYNetOc

    No problem Dougzz.

    I think my own joke was probably based on a Jon Stewart Daily Show sketch about what Armstrong's team would do when he retired.

    I was quite proud of the Greipel punchline though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
Sign In or Register to comment.