Boardman Cyclocross Bike Clicking from BB area

fixiebob
fixiebob Posts: 222
edited October 2011 in Workshop
Went out for first cycle today on Boardman's cyclocross bike, all was good for about 11 miles then a severe clicking noise appeared from BB area, I stopped to check it and even not under load with back wheel off the ground I was getting a loud click at even a small movement of crank.
It continued to get worse as I cycled home but no noticeable difference in performance until I got close to home where it started to quieten a little, ant ideas.

Comments

• 13dsb
    13dsb Posts: 21
    What type of BB is it? If you know?
  • fixiebob
    BB30
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    It'll most likely be the usual Boardman CX BB failure. Mine failed after 13 miles - many have one the same. You need to get Halfords (assuming it came from there) to change the bearings. Don't let them just "grease" the bearings - they need replacing.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • fixiebob
    Thanks for that will take it to Halfords in Inverness on Monday I thought BB30 was supposed to be tough, bike wasn't very well put together it's my wife's bike and I had to do a lot of adjusting before she could use it for the first time.

Rob