Contador and Cav in Milan and axe throwing...

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited October 2011 in Pro race
AP
ap-201110160828304894596.jpg

Cyclists Alberto Contador of Spain, left, and Mark Cavendish of Britain gesture during the unveiling of the Giro d'Italia cycling competition, in Milan, Italy, Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011. The Tour of Italy will start on May, 5, 2012 in Herning, Denmark.

EBH
tumblr_lt2kluq7KN1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lt2kluq7KN1qacyk6o2_500.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• frenchfighter
    And because they are three greats:

vino.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Why is Cav dressed as the Fifth Doctor? All he needs is a stick of celery in his lapel.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    AP
    ap-201110160828304894596.jpg
    The man from Del Monte, he say yes.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Is he wearing beige? Horror! I always say if you catch me wearing beige you have permission to shoot me!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    First sign of middle age.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Him and Peta need a new stylist - did you see what she was wearing at the worlds?!?!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    EBH is loving the axe throwing.

Anyone know what Contador has said about possibly going to defend his Giro crown?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    ^ he has the genes for it....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    ddraver wrote:
    Him and Peta need a new stylist - did you see what she was wearing at the worlds?!?!

I did, it was truly shocking. Some kind of 80's new romantic/clown blouse, She wouldn't have looked out of place in the Bowie Ashes To Ashes video,

Then again I'm 46, so what would I know! Perhaps that stuff is 'all the rage' now.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Contador said something along the lines of never riding the Giro again, he is concentrating fully on the tour from now on, and he may ride the vuelta in 2012.
  • Tusher
    So let me get this right.

Bertie puts on his best court suit, is fussed over by the organisers, and then announces DURING the presentation that he'll not be racing the Giro next year as he's going to focus on the Tour. I'll bet they were delighted.

You'd think he would at least wait until after the show. Probably ate his share of vol-au-vents as well.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    No, I think he made the comments LeicesterLad referred to a while back. I'm sure he's at the presentation as the current winner.
  • LeicesterLad
    Tusher wrote:
    So let me get this right.

Bertie puts on his best court suit, is fussed over by the organisers, and then announces DURING the presentation that he'll not be racing the Giro next year as he's going to focus on the Tour. I'll bet they were delighted.

You'd think he would at least wait until after the show. Probably ate his share of vol-au-vents as well.

That would have been funny, but as mentioned, unfortunately Contador made the comments just after this years Tour I think, still, even as current champion its a little weird seeing him promote a race he isn't going to ride. And he prefers mini sausage rolls to vol-au-vents, so get your facts straight!
  • frenchfighter
    ap-201110160845315254614.jpg
    ap-201110160838311274612.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

For someone who has supposedly rejected the wearing of white shorts with his WC jersey on taste grounds, that is a rather interesting look. Was he doing a nixer, emulsioning the ceilings of Brailsfords house when he thought "oh sh!t, I'm supposed to be at the Giro launch" or are Farah replacing Adidas as the Team Sky leisure clothing supplier?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203

See that bit there? I can do that bit. The rest is a bit hilly isn't it?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Contador said something along the lines of never riding the Giro again, he is concentrating fully on the tour from now on, and he may ride the vuelta in 2012.

I very much doubt he will be riding any GT in 2012.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • LeicesterLad
    Moray Gub wrote:

I tend to think he will be.
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Same. Even if they give him a ban I think it will be backdated so he will be free to compete in 2012
  • Tusher
    Yup, Bertie's gonna walk.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Moray Gub wrote:

I very much doubted he would be riding any GTs in 2011.
  • ap-201110160838311274612.jpg

Wow look at Berties left hand! Clenched fist, not enjoying that much is he!?
  • frenchfighter
    Good photos on Pez

giro12pres-riders.jpg
    pres-duo.jpg
    pres-turn.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tusher
    Thanks ff- Cav looks quite edible in that one. Love black and white photos.
  • LeicesterLad
    Tusher wrote:

he looks better in black and white than he does in colour (is that a weird comment?)
  • Tusher
    Tusher wrote:

he looks better in black and white than he does in colour (is that a weird comment?)

Sadly, most of us do, LL.
    Cats don't though- they're always better in colour.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Same. Even if they give him a ban I think it will be backdated so he will be free to compete in 2012

But that would only apply if he had been stopped from racing for 1 or two years already and that hasn't happened so even if he was banned backdating would not make any sense.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • LeicesterLad
    Tusher wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Sadly, most of us do, LL.
    Cats don't though- they're always better in colour.

My cats ginger, so probably better off in black and white.