Dual ring chain guide question

richard2
richard2 Posts: 23
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I am looking to put a chain guide on a Specialized stumpjumper frame. The frame has no iscg mount, and the bottom bracket has no spacers, so when I put a bb mount one on, the bottom bracket ends up to wide for the crank set. Is there an easy solution i'm missing?!
Or do I need to buy something like the dmr chain reactor that attaches to the frame? I already have a bb mount blackspire stinger so would prefer to use that if there is a way to fit it?
Many thanks
Richard

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what cranks?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Crank set is TruVativ Firex 3.1. The bike i took it off took had a narrower frame so the bottom bracket had spacers. Now i have removed the spacers to fit it to the stumpjumper, but if I add the chain guide, when your tighten the bolt on the crank set the whole thing seizes up (hope that makes sense!)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yep the BB mount is too thick. there are some BB mount adaptors that may allow a ISCG mount device to be used.

TBH the GXP BB set up is not the best to use with a device on a 73mm BB shell.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown