Nicolai 2MXTB frame problem

bighitstu
bighitstu Posts: 4
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi everyone, i have recently got myself a nicolai 2MXTB frame in woodland camouflage, i tried putting some parts from my Specialized big hit on it for a rough idea of how it would look when built, i was putting the rear wheel on (26" dabomb da rim, hope pro 2 hubs and 9 speed) and when it was placed in the dropouts the wheel was sitting heavily to 1 side and was rubbing the left side of the rear arm, is this a common problem with the frame or did i just perhaps have the wrong size/type of wheel combination that was not compatible? any help would be appreciated as i cant wait to start buying parts for this what will be beast of a jump bike!!

Many thanks,

Stuart

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    that is what would happen when you fit a Zero dish rear wheel. get it re build to suit the frame.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The guy at the local bike shop did say something about that but he was scarse with his info, i planned to buy dmr pro rims/hubs and get them made, and as you say dished to suit the frame, will this cause a weakness in the rim in any way as it will be offset? i have never really came across this problem before hence my probable silly to most question. :D
  • nicklouse
    it is the big hit wheel that is causing the problem . Not the frame that is totally normal.

the big hit uses a zero dish wheel. not many other frames do. (and the ones that do are mainlz from Spesh.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Cool that answers that then! so basically i can buy any rims and hubs etc and the local bike shop should be able to build them to suit the frame, im really excited to get this thing built up. im planning to spend a lot of cash on parts/components so it should really be worth it!!

Many thanks for your help!!!
  • nicklouse
    just get them to sort your current wheel.