Elixir R rubbing

welsh_14
welsh_14 Posts: 259
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I recently bought and fitted some Avid Elixir R brakes. I set them up as suggested, pull the lever 5/6 times then hold it on while tightning up the bolts. This worked perfectly and wheels span and span and span. HOWEVER when I removed the rear wheel to fit a new tyre i noticed that when i put it back on the bike and tightened it up the brake is now rubbing on the disc. can i expect this to happen every time I take the wheel out or is there a problem with the QR skewer or brake or other?!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you have not fitted the wheel the same way.

try again or reset the caliper and bed in again.

It happens with all brakes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Happens with my elixirs all the time, they can be quite for a hours then they start with the odd squeak then more squeaks, I've got evo2 hubs and they bite quite hard into the frame and leave indentations so if you dont line the hub up with the indentations again then you get a squeak from the start but be patient and they will be fine.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • welsh_14
    welsh_14 Posts: 259
    Cheers for the comments, have been out today and they seem ok so fingers crossed!!