Campag/Shimano

lucca
lucca Posts: 51
edited September 2011 in Workshop
I have a Campag equiped winter bike. I have recently replaced the rear mech with a Shimano 105 that I had spare. My question is . . Would I be able to put Shimano Hub wheels on this bike with a change of chain ? ( would then be , Campag Shifters, 105 rear mech, Shimano Chain , Shimano rear hub ?)

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Can you hear the fanbois coming...?

I don't think any of Campag works with shimano/sram, I'm surprised the mech/shifter combo works tbh....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mix and match to your hearts content with...
    http://jtekengineering.com/shiftmate.htm

I got mine from SJS cycles, they work extremely well.
  • rjl6789: That leads me to an obvious question... Is the only compatibility problems between Campag / Shimano when it comes to Cassettes / Changers and Mechs the amount of cable movement through the levers to the rear mech (in order to engage the correct sprocket)?

I thought there were issues with chain types too?
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    MikeM22 wrote:
    rjl6789: That leads me to an obvious question... Is the only compatibility problems between Campag / Shimano when it comes to Cassettes / Changers and Mechs the amount of cable movement through the levers to the rear mech (in order to engage the correct sprocket)?

I thought there were issues with chain types too?
    Cassette widths and cable pull ratios are the problem. Shiftmates work if you really want to mix but sticking with one or the other is better. Chains are not a problem.
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Try it out and see!
    Paul