Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Spanish fed ban someone

iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Oscar Sevilla just got 6 months for his positive in Columbia.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Posts

  • JamieWJamieW Posts: 114
    did they not find the cow he ate? i suppose columbia is a big country to search....
  • Who's Oscar Sevilla?
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I think you'll find this is an example of the typical posturing by many a criticised governing body to show they are not spineless limp wristed bereaucrats, but can and will take action (but only when they feel it won't have a negative effect on their chance of success...Contador anyone?)

    What's more worrying is WADA's proposed rule changes regarding their zero tolerance policy towards Clenbuterol. This is potentially a bad move IMO as any cyclist tempted to go to the dark side could theoretically dope just as long as its within the new threshold. It might sound fantastical, but with the amount of sponsorship, wage packets, not to mention the prestige of winning races up for grabs it might be a risk they are willing to take.

    Just a thought.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 25,479
    Ride hard wrote:
    What's more worrying is WADA's proposed rule changes regarding their zero tolerance policy towards Clenbuterol. This is potentially a bad move IMO as any cyclist tempted to go to the dark side could theoretically dope just as long as its within the new threshold. It might sound fantastical, but with the amount of sponsorship, wage packets, not to mention the prestige of winning races up for grabs it might be a risk they are willing to take.

    Just a thought.

    The threshold is low enough that if you 'doped' within that amount it would have absolutely no effect on performance.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I stand corrected (exits stage left).
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • edhornbyedhornby Posts: 1,780
    Kelme, phonak, Tmobile, then a listing in Puerto then a stint with Rock Racing.... I wonder what his UCI watchlist rating is? probably a 2 :-)
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Why only 6 months?
    How did he end up in Colombia anyway, I thought he had retired?
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • AidanRAidanR Posts: 1,142
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ride hard wrote:
    What's more worrying is WADA's proposed rule changes regarding their zero tolerance policy towards Clenbuterol. This is potentially a bad move IMO as any cyclist tempted to go to the dark side could theoretically dope just as long as its within the new threshold. It might sound fantastical, but with the amount of sponsorship, wage packets, not to mention the prestige of winning races up for grabs it might be a risk they are willing to take.

    Just a thought.

    The threshold is low enough that if you 'doped' within that amount it would have absolutely no effect on performance.

    Well, you can look at it another way - it takes less time for it to reach "legal" levels in their system after taking it.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • AidanR wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ride hard wrote:
    What's more worrying is WADA's proposed rule changes regarding their zero tolerance policy towards Clenbuterol. This is potentially a bad move IMO as any cyclist tempted to go to the dark side could theoretically dope just as long as its within the new threshold. It might sound fantastical, but with the amount of sponsorship, wage packets, not to mention the prestige of winning races up for grabs it might be a risk they are willing to take.

    Just a thought.

    The threshold is low enough that if you 'doped' within that amount it would have absolutely no effect on performance.

    Well, you can look at it another way - it takes less time for it to reach "legal" levels in their system after taking it.

    If everyone started doing the Legal Limit it would make didly-squat difference anyway.
  • AidanRAidanR Posts: 1,142
    You misunderstand my point - take a big-censored dose of Clenbuterol, and instead of waiting 4 weeks to completely clear your system, it falls below the legal limit in 2. Instantly, your chances of being caught have halved.

    Note: Timescales used are for illustrative purposes only - I don't know exactly how long either scenario would take.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • AidanR wrote:
    You misunderstand my point - take a big-censored dose of Clenbuterol, and instead of waiting 4 weeks to completely clear your system, it falls below the legal limit in 2. Instantly, your chances of being caught have halved.

    Note: Timescales used are for illustrative purposes only - I don't know exactly how long either scenario would take.

    The half life of clenbuterol is c36 hours so the body breaks it down very quickly. Introducing a maximum threshold widens the window in which clenbuterol can be used without the risk of testing +ve
Sign In or Register to comment.