Seal skinz gloves

Coolnick
Coolnick Posts: 380
edited September 2011 in MTB buying advice
Thinking of getting a pair of these http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sea ... s-ec030434 anyone got these that care to share their thoughts before I part with my hard earned cash? Want some gloves that can be used from Autumn to Spring weather and don't make your hands sweat as soon as the temperature rises a little on milder days.

Cheers
Boardman HT Comp 2012>
Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012

Comments

• Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    I've got an older model. They make your hands sweat and have very warmth. Avoid.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    My hands don't sweat in these but I find it takes a long time for your hands to get warm, once they are there ok.

You just have to make sure you keep the sleeve covered or water gets in, as with all gloves I suppose.

On a side note the Sealskin socks are great.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    I have the older design of these gloves and yes they do make the hands sweat when its milder but in the winter they absolutely come into their own in a huge way.

Mine live in my work bag all yr and only get aired when its bitterley cold and wet but they're still one of the absolute best buys i ever made.

Got some of the socks too for complete water tightness from head to toe, well worth buyin cause they really do work and keep EVERYTHING dry.
  • Great when it's really cold, but once hands are warm you may want to swap for a lighter pair of gloves
    No baby elephant required
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Those gloves are ace. I use them for most things in winter, including riding and snowboarding.

EDIT:
    Er... Hang on, maybe not. I think mine might be the winter version, not all weather ones. :oops:
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    seal skins are very cool stuff. I used mine while working as a window cleaner too . but i would Definitely say not for warmer weather .