Flavio Becca and Leopard Trek Raids

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Rough Translation
What "private" suggested and sensed for some time now has become reality: The Luxembourg judicial police started Tuesday morning raids in both Flavio Becca's private residence in Roeser (see photo) as well as its corporate offices, including the building in which the team Leopard Trek's has headquarters at 1, rue St. moose in Howald. The judiciary maintains a low profile, but according to "private" first-hand information from the investigators sought documents from the Luxembourg financial sector and economy.

Bad times for the founder of Team Lëtzebuerg, the promoter and Baumogul Schleck, whose sometimes dubious practices but are still legally and under the presumption of innocence!

http://ow.ly/6BzPU

Edit: Dunno if this is old news or possibly related to the Ferrari thing?
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• I hope that the Police pronounced Layopard Trek correctly :lol:
  • Doobz
    I hope that the Police pronounced Layopard Trek correctly :lol:

Team Lëtzebuerg it seems..
    cartoon.jpg
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I reckon old Bjarn is laughing his head off about this Radio Luxembourg stuff. How the mighty have fallen! :)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Doobz
    More..

http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/news/story/11047470
    According to a statement from spokesman for the businessman Luxembourg "several companies that Mr. Flavio Becca administers and home were searched during the day on Tuesday, September 20."

Eippers Henry, spokesman for the Parquet de Luxembourg, according to information the prosecution of Luxembourg, contacted Thursday by Most Online, the home of Flavio Becca several companies have been searched. Excavations carried out "not this Thursday, but earlier this week," confirms. Information confirmed by Vic Reuter, spokesman for the Grand Ducal Police, contacted Thursday morning by Most Online.

The businessman is in Luxembourg on Thursday in Munich as part of its business and remains unreachable. Please note that "because of an investigation, prosecutors will not disclose the reasons for the searches and said that Mr. Becca, as a person subject to this measure, is presumed innocent," said Henri Eippers.

These searches, conducted by plainclothes officers, were conducted at the request of prosecutors, by order of a judge. In other words, the magistrate was informed by one or more individuals or by one or more companies or criminal acts or other financial irregularities.
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I reckon old Bjarn is laughing his head off about this Radio Luxembourg stuff. How the mighty have fallen! :)

Seems he has forgiven a bit.. Possibly Cancellara back at Saxo in the future..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-wi ... cancellara
    cartoon.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Sounds like a tax case to me.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I'd imagine that any raids are more an indication of the police interest in "Flavio Becca - multi-millionaire businessman" than "Flavio Becca - sponsor of cycling vanity project that is only loose change compared to the majority of hs portfolio"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Doobz wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:

Seems he has forgiven a bit.. Possibly Cancellara back at Saxo in the future..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-wi ... cancellara

But only if it's a GOOD bottle....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    What if the guy was feeling some police or taxman heat and decided to fund a national cycling team in order to bask in glory and national pride and get the coutry's top dignitaries to swoon in front of him?
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Kléber wrote:
    What if the guy was feeling some police or taxman heat and decided to fund a national cycling team in order to bask in glory and national pride and get the coutry's top dignitaries to swoon in front of him?

what, to pick up some friends in high places that would, if he were to be rumbled for some kind of tax illegality, maybe pull a few strings to get him some leniency? Its got to be pretty serious if Luxembourg police are after you for tax things.
  • Doobz
    I wonder if Nygaard knew something about the inner workings of Becca's empire and everything was not all above board so when Nygaard was given the boot he went and spilled some info to the cops...
    cartoon.jpg