Best Tour of Britain ever?

2»

Comments

• Salsiccia wrote:
    Sorry to disagree, but I can't help think back to the '89 ToB when Millar handed PDM's ass to them on a plate.

Though I might be biased by the fact it was Millar and the crucial stage finished in my home town... :D
    Was that race not tainted by the participation of Mauro Gianetti (of Saunier Duval fame) ?
  • Generally I think the race is getting better. Been argued elsewhere about the merits of the par ours, especially the inclusion and categorising of various climbs.
    The one real criticism I do have though are facilities for spectators. I am always disappointed that more is not laid on for us in terms of trade tents, a caravan similar to the TdF etc. My biggest gripe is the lack of a large screen at the finish lines. I don't know how many people wait at the line and for how long, but surely it's not beyond the scope and budget, of the organisers and partners? It's all very well watching school kids having short races, and that is great for them, but so much more is going on in the race surely it could be televised live.
    Would the inclusion of such things make the spectacle more enjoyable?
  • Salsiccia wrote:
    Sorry to disagree, but I can't help think back to the '89 ToB when Millar handed PDM's ass to them on a plate.

Though I might be biased by the fact it was Millar and the crucial stage finished in my home town... :D
    Was that race not tainted by the participation of Mauro Gianetti (of Saunier Duval fame) ?

Can you name a race that hasn't been tainted by the presence of someone dodgy?
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed