Fitting Boardman Computer Advice

G Will I Ams
G Will I Ams Posts: 6
edited September 2011 in Workshop
I bought a Boardman computer at the same time as buying a Boardman CX Team recently. I have tried to fit the computer and have managed to get the front sensor fitted and working. However, I just cannot get the cadence sensor to operate properly. Has anybody had any success with this??? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• mount the cadence on the frame. The downtube just below the cage, i work at halfords and to be honest the cadence is sensor is a bit far away to pick a signal properly which is a real nightmare sometimes. also trying flipping the cadence sensor the otherway round. good luck
    Specialized Allez Elite 2008
    Boardman HT Pro FS Team 2010
    Carrera Vulcan D Spec 2010
  • Try a neodymium magnet instead of the supplied one if there is a distance issue. They are hugely powerful, so powerful you don't need to tie them to the cranks you just put them near the pedal spindle and they leap into place.
    ebay.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Anyway, it's not a real Boardman computer, I'll bet he never even touches a soldering iron at any point in the construction :wink:
  • Thanks for the advice mrjerome, have tried the sensor on the frame still no luck. Is the problem the distance between the computer and the sensor or is it a line of sight issue.

Twostage, Is it the magnet that activates the sensor??

Thanks again.
  • Mines on the non-drive side chainstay, works perfectly. :D
  • chrisc2151 wrote:
    Mines on the non-drive side chainstay, works perfectly. :D

where have you positioned on the chainstay??
  • Sensor is top of chainstay arrow pointing forward, about 13/14cm from centre BB, magnet on inside of crank 45mm from pedal centre, both zipped. Works OK for me.
  • I bought this computer last week. Had to mount the head unit on the top tube to get it to work. The cadence sensor could be mounted on the down tube, but it would be too far away from the cranks on my bike :(.
    Might look into neodymium magnets, or into a bike not made out of noodles soon :p.
    But try putting the head unit on the top tube to see if it works at least.
  • Thanks for the advice mrjerome, have tried the sensor on the frame still no luck. Is the problem the distance between the computer and the sensor or is it a line of sight issue.

Twostage, Is it the magnet that activates the sensor??

Thanks again.
    Yep. if you pass the magnet close to the sensor you should hear a small tick.