Assos chamois cream no longer tingly

StanwaySteve62
StanwaySteve62 Posts: 702
edited September 2011 in Road buying advice
So opened up a fresh tub only to find it's no longer blue and is now beige in colour!
No more tingly bits, I feel cheated.

Comments

• My beige Assos bum cream has tingle!
  • Guess I missed
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Mines always been beige... For the past two years, and never tingled yet!...
    maybe you've just toughened up. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Try mixing in a dash of Tabasco sauce. That should bring back the tingle!

:D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    The new formula is back to beige with no tingle, be warned though after using the tingly stuff fine for years I had a bad reaction to the new formula. I'm assuming they did skin tests on it so I'm probably just an exception...
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    I noticed this as well with my last tyub of Paceline Eurostyle. Packaging changed and I don't get the tingly feeling anymore... maybe the EU have been banning products for us...
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • nferrar wrote:
    The new formula is back to beige with no tingle, be warned though after using the tingly stuff fine for years I had a bad reaction to the new formula. I'm assuming they did skin tests on it so I'm probably just an exception...

I am the same - it was ok in isolation (1 day riding then not riding the next day) but if i use it on consecutive days i really seem to suffer. By the 3rd day my arse was too sore to finish the ride and i had to cut short! Never had this problem before
  • Save your money! After years of using Assos I ended up using Sudocrem because my Assos tub was empty one day - I've not stopped using Sudocrem since. It's cheaper and I think it works better, I haven't had any chafing or sores, even after TTing
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Try Rapha, smells fantastic and tingles. But costs a fortune as you would expect.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    Try Rapha, smells fantastic and tingles. But costs a fortune as you would expect

I bought a couple of tubs for a fiver each in the recent sample sale, but didn't notice any tingle on first outing
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Save your money! After years of using Assos I ended up using Sudocrem because my Assos tub was empty one day - I've not stopped using Sudocrem since. It's cheaper and I think it works better, I haven't had any chafing or sores, even after TTing

Sudocrem - much loved in the audax world where we certainly have to know a bit about arse care.

Also worth trying (and I prefer it) is Conotrane - you'll have to ask at the chemists as they prefer to sell Sudocrem (as it's more expensive). It's better than Sudocrem as it's less greasy and absorbs better. It also comes in a tube which can make it easier to apply. It's good stuff and will only cost a couple of quid for the tube.

It worked for me on PBP last week!

No tingle though I am afraid - I might take up the tabasco suggestion to get things really livened up.
  • marcusjb wrote:
    Save your money! After years of using Assos I ended up using Sudocrem because my Assos tub was empty one day - I've not stopped using Sudocrem since. It's cheaper and I think it works better, I haven't had any chafing or sores, even after TTing

Sudocrem - much loved in the audax world where we certainly have to know a bit about ars* care.

Also worth trying (and I prefer it) is Conotrane - you'll have to ask at the chemists as they prefer to sell Sudocrem (as it's more expensive). It's better than Sudocrem as it's less greasy and absorbs better. It also comes in a tube which can make it easier to apply. It's good stuff and will only cost a couple of quid for the tube.

It worked for me on PBP last week!

No tingle though I am afraid - I might take up the tabasco suggestion to get things really livened up.

Conotrane? I'll give it a go - if I can find some!
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361

Thanks Chip - never thought of that. I have bundles of the stuff thanks to having a 2 year old son just coming out of nappies 8) Also, the Costco near me does the tubs in supersize and packs of 3

Brett
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Try Rapha, smells fantastic and tingles. But costs a fortune as you would expect.

A wee pot of that came with my bib shorts and softshell gilet this morning (no I don't pull teeth - they were for my 40th OK :oops: )

Maybe I'm confusing Assos 'tingle' with Assos 'cooling' - but it's doing something!!!