cooldad Posts: 32,599
edited August 2011 in MTB general
Nope
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• Yep! I found this site a while ago! Massive database too!

HERE
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Well at least it had nothing to do with horses. I must stop randomly clicking on links.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    MU3266 wrote:
    I've had a thought (a dangerous thing for me) but it got me thinking.

Is there a website out there with a database of bikes out there that you could search using a specific set of parameters. For example, "Must be FS" "Must be 2011" "Must be 160mm Fork Travel" "Must have Lockout" etc etc.

It may just be a dream or infact reality, I'd be curious to know which. Cheers.
    Most of those points are well, pointless though. A bike's design will affect it's handling and purpose much more than some checklist of features.
    Why not just check out what your local bike shops are selling, that way you can make sure you get something that fits, and you can see it, and hopefully ride it before buying.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Actually, it is probably a useful tool for someone like bikeradar to have. The back pages of What MTB lists a massive selection of mountain bikes currently on sale in the UK. It would make it easy for people coming in to the sport as well as seasoned regulars to search out certain features.

Say for example someone wants a bike with disc brakes and a lockout on his bike but under £400. He selects the drop down bars and bang it's there.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    MU3266 wrote:
    I walked straight into that one 8)

This is why I'm not paid to think. :lol:

We're all glad you're back from your holiday Mr Cameron.
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    being a web designer type myself, it is an idea I'd thought about before. some kind of comparison site specifically for bikes. so don't worry OP it's not just you
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    Hahahah brilliant I've never seen lmgtfy. Can't wait to use that for work purposes.