Tyres to fit Ritchey Pro Disc OCR 700c

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited September 2011 in Workshop
Bought a Boardman Team CX for winter ice use (to fit some Marathon Snow tyres). In the meantime, I want to swap the CX tyres on the Ritchey rims for some road tyes - I have some Gatorskin 25c which I assume will fit fine - am I correct?
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Yes, as long as you avoid very narrow 20mm tyres, any 700c road tyre will fit.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Yes, as long as you avoid very narrow 20mm tyres, any 700c road tyre will fit.

Thanks - Monty Dog - I figured as much just needed a bit of reassurance as tyres are fairly critical.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • similar question here. Picking up my CX tomorrow.

I would like to buy an additional pair of wheels. one pair for knobblies & one pair for slicks. Instead of swapping tires/tubes all the time.

Trouble is i am having a hard time finding 700c wheels with disc mounts for sale. Can anyone recommend a pair upto £300
  • I was a bit worried swapping my tyres for anything too narrow as the discs are quite powerful. Settled for 30mm Marathon racers in the end.
  • similar question here. Picking up my CX tomorrow.

I would like to buy an additional pair of wheels. one pair for knobblies & one pair for slicks. Instead of swapping tires/tubes all the time.

Trouble is i am having a hard time finding 700c wheels with disc mounts for sale. Can anyone recommend a pair upto £300

At that price I would consider having them built (around 200-250 for quality ones)... get MTB hubs (I am assuming you have a 135 mm clearance at the back) and road rims (not too light).
    Plenty of builders around or PM me if you want a quote...
    left the forum March 2023