Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

Hope Pro2 EVO + Stan's Flow vs American Classic Terrain Disc

robst3robst3 Posts: 145
edited August 2011 in MTB buying advice
Which would you go for? :)

Will be fitted to my hardtail XC bike, ridden at Swinley, hoping to enter some races for fun. I weigh 75kg.

Cheers!

• BriggoBriggo Posts: 3,537
    Why flows or terrain then? Why not Crests or the 26" tubeless variant, they're lighter.
  • robst3robst3 Posts: 145
    Yeah or Crests, same price as the Flows :) The 26" tubeless ACs are much more expensive though
  • leafliteleaflite Posts: 1,651
    if you look around you can get the ac 26 tubeless disk for £300-350
  • bluechair84bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I have pro2s on Crest, they come up slightly lighter than quoted on Hopes website so their weights are accurate. They're damn strong for their weight, I am very impressed with them.
  • u05harrisbu05harrisb Posts: 531
    i have pro 3s on crest damn fine! really really quick absolutly love them! dead stron no give in them when out of the saddle while racing doing 35 :D so yeh go for it! i think 75kg is under the crest weight limit so i would say go for them inless your rather heavey handed! another thing to think is the clicky hub! if you dont want one get the american classics because there pretty quite but the hope ones, they most certainly arnt and you will hate them at first but after a while you will love them and find them usefull at herding sheep and old people out of the way :lol:
  • Ive got theamerican classic tubeless wheels, and they are spot on! Hey have a 240lb weight limit which is significantly greater than the other light sets! They come tubeless ready but without the valves,
    I'm a heavy guy and have a heavy riding style and the wheels have been spot on,straight and true afer 7 months abuse, and if you google search shopping for them discount cycles had then for 300 which is 50 overtrade!

Great wheels and highly recommend them!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • getonyourbikegetonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    If you don't like clicky Hope hubs then you can always put some grease on the pawls, guys. I'd go for the Hope and Stans option myself.