SDG BEL AIR advice needed

dp1
dp1 Posts: 89
edited July 2011 in MTB buying advice
I need a more comfortable saddle than the one i have and was looking to order SDG Bel Air SI online but in the picture of it i cannot see any rails. Do they have a different fixing system ? I dont want to order one and then find i need something else.
P.S. Anyone know what SI means
Thanks

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    There are two types "I beam" and "rails", look on chain reaction they were doing "I beam" saddles with a free post chucked in, I used to have a "I beam" on my saracen and they work really well the saddle is comfy as well.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I have an I beam seat post and saddle. While I like the system a lot and have no issues with it. I would probably say stick to the normal system. There are only about 2 / 3 manufacturers who make I beam saddles so you have a very limited choice. If you know for sure that the Bel Air is your perfect saddle and you will always buy the same again them go for it other wise stick to the normal system. Makes changing seat posts and saddles much much easier in the future.

Also I think, (I maybe wrong):
    ST = super tough, a bit more material in the saddle frame, weights more but is stronger
    SL = Super light, slightly less material, lighter weight and flexs a bit more than the ST.