Custom Oakley Site - Discounted?

Sammyw23
Sammyw23 Posts: 627
edited August 2011 in Road buying advice
For anyone thats interested there seems to be some discounts on the custom oakley site at the moment.

If you go for the cheapest options you can get radars for £72 and Jawbones for just over £100.

Seriously considering the Radars in the new carbon effect.......
Cervelo P3
Bianchi Infinito
Cannondale CAAD10

Comments

• anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    wow, they are so cheap at the moment.

Going to order myself another set of polarized flak jackets.

Does anyone know what the fit of the split jackets are in relation to the flak jackets? I've got quite a thin face, so sunnys tend to be either massive or just right.
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    You mean the official Oakley Custom site - http://uk.oakley.com/custom#/sunglasses-sport - or somewhere else?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Ha! rang them and apparently it's a glitch with their web site at present. And there was me just about to order a pair for under 100 quid ......... pah we should be so lucky eh?
  • anto164
    Really?
  • Sammyw23
    I wonder what they are doing with anyone that has ordered already though? Cancelling the orders or letting them go through?
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    anto164 wrote:
    Really?
    Well this is what I've just been told and I'm not a liar mate, so you know .....
  • anto164
    Order and find out.

They'll either honour it or cancel the order.
  • Sammyw23
    Ordered!! Carbon effect Radar Path's with G30 lens for £86. Awaiting the phone call now!!
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • joenobody
    Ordered :) You pays your money and you takes your chance...
  • licko
    licko Posts: 72
    Gutted, bought a pair of custom jawbones 2 months ago for £200, now they are nearly half that.

Took a punt on a pair of Scapels for posing around in, £63 = half price. We'll see if they accept the order. Noticed a clause in the T&C's about pricing errors so it probs won't go through.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    Have ordered as well, pair of half jackets with gold iridium lenses for £54 - we will see.

Not confident now given the above - that is one hell of a 'glitch' you would have thought they would have on cal IT who could rectify it or take the website down until they can, very strange.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    thanks for the tip!
    just ordered my first ever pair of oakleys!!

even if they end up cancelling order due to the glitch, its worth a shot.

thanks again OP!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    I noticed myself earlier and ordered some but decided to keep quiet to avoid a load of orders flying in and reducing the chance of Oakley letting it go.

Humph.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    PS you now get the full price once you go to shopping basket, so it's game over if you've not already ordered.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Put an order in for some Radar Paths at £72. Be rude not to.
  • anto164
    Yeah, all the prices are now back up.
  • redvision
    gutted, they have cancelled my order :evil:
  • daniel_b
    redvision wrote:
    gutted, they have cancelled my order :evil:

Same.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • joenobody
    Notified by email, or did you see that on the site? I ordered as a guest, so have no account to check, and so far no email...
  • daniel_b
    No e-mail, had to log on to see the status.

You've no way to check I guess if you have had no e-mail and therefore no order number, but I can't see any of these getting through now anyway.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvision
    JoeNobody wrote:
    Notified by email, or did you see that on the site? I ordered as a guest, so have no account to check, and so far no email...

looked on site. then contacted them by email - they responded very fast and said the prices were due to a technical glitch and under their terms and conditions they were not obliged to honour the transaction.

very peed off. i know it was never likely to be processed, but once order is placed they should go through with it.

:evil:
  • joenobody
    Thanks guys. I have an order number, and just checked the site (had assumed I needed an account to do that). My order is, apparently, "in process". Not sure what that means though.
  • Sammyw23
    Probably that they are in the process of contacting everyone that ordered on the cheap to cancel!!

Annoying though - imagine how many people put orders through at the cheaper price that wouldn't have bought otherwise, surely they would have been in profit had they let them go through.
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • Sammyw23
    Yep my order showing as cancelled now on their site!

Oh well, saves me the hassle of explaining to the wife why I just had to have a 3rd pair of oakleys :lol:
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Yep cancelled :(

Not the best customer service from Oakley to give no explanation.

I made the purchase in good faith :wink:
  • daniel_b
    As we are sure you are aware there was a technical issue with the website and due to this we unfortunately are unable to accept your order and have had to cancel it. No funds have been taken from your bank account at this time and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

"As we are sure" a little presumptious and rude of them there imho.

This from an owner of 4 pairs of Oakleys - not impressed with the above response.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Oh come on - did you really think that the prices were anything else than a computer cock up ? Has anyone on this thread thought it was a legitimate offer ?

You have Oakleys - you know they're not cheap.

(I still ordered a pair jiust on the offchance that miracles could happen. Bloody takes ages faffing round with all the options. Too much choice is a BAD thing !)
  • daniel_b
    cougie wrote:
    Oh come on - did you really think that the prices were anything else than a computer fool up ? Has anyone on this thread thought it was a legitimate offer ?

You have Oakleys - you know they're not cheap.

(I still ordered a pair jiust on the offchance that miracles could happen. Bloody takes ages faffing round with all the options. Too much choice is a BAD thing !)

Yes I genuinely did, from the OP's post, I hopped onto the website, and saw the prices on there for the Half Jackets, and know that I can order custom oakleys from third parties (Half jackets) for IIRC £75/80, so at this price (£55ish), I thought it was literally just an offer.

The OP surely did as well (And I am sure in good faith), as he did not post it as a pricing error, but a discount on the Oakley website.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Aah so you ordered in the first 41 mins of the thread before Giantmancp confirmed it was a glitch ? Fair enough then.
  • joenobody
    Well, I finally had the cancellation email :(
    cougie wrote:
    Oh come on - did you really think that the prices were anything else than a computer fool up ? Has anyone on this thread thought it was a legitimate offer ?

Ultimately no, but having hope is not a bad thing.
    (I still ordered a pair jiust on the offchance that miracles could happen.

Likewise, and I now know my wife isn't opposed to me getting some Oakleys at some point in the future. Just need to try to make it the near future. I need to swing another work trip overseas - I spotted some Radars for £124 at Heathrow.