29er tyres?

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited July 2011 in MTB buying advice
Im looking round for 29er tyres. what do you 29er chaps use?

Currently on my RIP 9 Im using Racing ralphs but they are like butter, sharp rocks on my local trails go straight through them so they are going. I have a big volume kenda nevegals on my rigid scandal they work a treat for that.

Anyone used Hutchinson tyres?

Looking at these. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=58025

Im all set up to go tubless but been too idle to get it sorted, I have used Conti MK's and Maxxis ignitors on my old bikes (26ers) and loved them but they are hard to get hold of.

Riding is a mix of hardpack mountain trails, north welsh trail centres & big mountain rocky trails.
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• dc71
    dc71 Posts: 170
    Friends who ride 29ers have mostly liked the Pana Rampage best. I haven't like any Hutchison so far but I'm on 26' wheels..
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Cheers for the reply, have looked at some rider reviews on mtbr regarding the panaracers, seems to be a bit 50/50.

I always liked the Maxxis ignitor when i had my 26" Pace 506 and i have just managed to find some local to me in a shop so I have gone for them, tried and tested!

They may be a totally different tyre on a 29er, but I suppose thats the chance you take!
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.