Contador Prediction

ascurrell
ascurrell Posts: 1,739
edited July 2011 in Pro race
I've just got this gut feeling Contador will soon [year or so] be with either Team Sky or an English speaking team [american]. That is of course if he is riding for anyone.
Any other thoughts or rumblings.

Comments

• Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    If you want, I'll bet a bit (a lot actually) of money he won't be with team sky EVER?
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    If you want, I'll bet a bit (a lot actually) of money he won't be with team sky EVER?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,461
    I think he'll have plenty of time to consider who to ride for next as he serves his two year ban.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Contador and Riis seem like a right match, so I can't seem parting ways just yet - especially to an anglo team with their whiter than white agendas.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    I won't bet a lot, but I'll certainly eat my hat if he joined Sky.
    Tell you what though, I've never warmed to Bertie, and don't think he should have ridden the Tour - however, he's really gone up in my estimation the last week or so - launching attacks here , there and everywhere - and put in a super TT!!
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He's more likely to join Real Madrid than Sky.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,461
    He shares the same gynaecologist as Real Madrid at least. Allegedly.
  • ascurrell
    AndyRAC wrote:
    I won't bet a lot, but I'll certainly eat my hat if he joined Sky.
    Tell you what though, I've never warmed to Bertie, and don't think he should have ridden the Tour - however, he's really gone up in my estimation the last week or so - launching attacks here , there and everywhere - and put in a super TT!!

I did say it was only a gut feeling, and to be honest I'm on so many painkillers at moment [legal ones] It may have been in a dream. Andy I wouldn't take your money mate but hope that hat ain't too big.
    I did also add an English speaking team, possibly american.
    I agree what you say about him in the Tour though, he's gone up in my estimation as well.
    What I do give him credit for is any damage he does [or tries to do] is by himself, not with a huge input from team mates. Maybe this is where some of my gut feeling is coming from that he may need to be in a stronger team. [especially if he can't get help elsewhere].
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Quick Step was mentioned a lot last season. Going off their results, they could have done with a new direction. I recall Garmin being heavily linked. Imagine what they could offer him.
  • ascurrell
    Garmin could be ideal if he survives.
    One of the reasons I originally said this was probably nothing but I heard him give an interview in English the other day. Maybe I've missed others but that was the first one I heard.
    I also have a sneaky suspicion that he may be riding next year.
    I'm not pro or anti whether he is found guilty or not but the whole situation is a sham.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    ascurrell wrote:
    Maybe I've missed others but that was the first one I heard.

I'd never heard him speak English prior to the post-race interviews the other day. One of the commentators was saying that he wouldn't be able to understand the Schlecks if they were conversing in English during one exchange. Slightly surprising to then hear him give a clear interview. I'm not sure about reading into it anymore than him being more accessible to a wider audience.
  • ascurrell
    The irony of tht interview was that he used a translator for the questions from I think may have been Ned Boulting [not a 100% sure on interviewer] but his answers in English were as clear as anything and not sounding like a man who had recently studied english.
    Maybe they speak English in the Saxo Bank team.
    But why only now interview in English?
    Another thought what's the future of Cavendish's HTC, if Cavendish leaves and the team continues maybe they would like to look at GC rather than sprinting.
    Crikey my imagination is working overtime.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Is Fernando Alonso still interested in sponsoring a cycling team?
  • stoobydale
    stoobydale Posts: 535

+1.

Never been keen on the Schleck's either, and didn't seem to warm to them in the same way as I did Contador in this tour.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    he did an interview for the BBC ages ago in English as well. They had to send the questions to him first so he would know how to answer in English but if he has been practicing since then he would be fine.

During the 09 Tour LA said he spoke to Kloden in English as well
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    He speaks English, but he doesn't like doing interviews in English for fear of being misquoted.

Although I never understood that because a translation can misquote him too.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173

Weird, I was thinking the same thing today? What happened to the Santander/Alonso/Contador/Sastre rumours...???
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    AndyRAC wrote:

Weird, I was thinking the same thing today? What happened to the Santander/Alonso/Contador/Sastre rumours...???

I think maybe the owners of the "Vache qui rire" brand of processed french cheese is thinking of sponsoring Contadour/Sastre instead.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    dilemna wrote:
    AndyRAC wrote:

I think maybe the owners of the "Vache qui rire" brand of processed french cheese is thinking of sponsoring Contadour/Sastre instead.

teehee! :D
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Contador will never race the Giro again and solely focus on the tdf

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/07/ ... -it_186156
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Will.C wrote:

OK, I'll bite. Why wouldn't he ride for Sky???? :? :?