Is the Cav Sky move a done deal?

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Damn some brits are so stupid. Too much island inbreeding i guess. It does not take great feats of mental gymnstics to see what is in play. cav has tentatively signed with Sky. But he promised Bob to keep it quiet so it does not kill Highroad while Bob is looking for a sponsor. However, Cavendishy knows that his silence hurts bob as well. If he were just to man up and say "i am moving to Sky", at least Bob and his potential sponsors could decide to do with all the facts on the table. It is a duel edged sword that cuts bob more than cavendishy. In light of the fact that cavendishy is a sociopath, he does not care if he hurts bob/highroad. In fact, he wants to kill highroad so his babysitters (train) can follow him to Sky. His ego won't allow him to go anywhere but Sky, but he knows he needs his babysitters to win consistently, so he is playing this silly "i have made my decision but i am not saying" game. Here in the USA we had a pro athlete do the same last year . . . LaBron James. (wanker) He announced on live TV after an hour long program about him. He is one of the most hated pro athletes in America now. He and Cavendishy would get along famously. Both wankers Damn. I can't wait for this drama to end. The end result will be : Cavendishy to Sky. Highroad folds. Renshaw and Bernie to Sky. Ok, now all you brits can go back to fawning over your "royal family" LOL.

So he's keeping quiet at the request of Bob Stapleton. Because that helps High Road secure a sponsor. Except half way through your post you suddenly realized that keeping quiet doesn't help secure a sponsor. So decided to write a load of illogical rubbish.

Any sponsor worth their salt won't sign with HighRoad based on Cav being there without some assurances, what is currently floating around in the media doesn't help or hinder. So why would Bob get Cav to promise to keep quiet, and, if Cav was the sociopath you are suggesting, surely he'd break that promise...

I know, I know, I shouldn't feed the troll...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Ok, now all you brits can go back to fawning over your "royal family" LOL.

no one fawns over the royal family like you north americans
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    LOL.

Did you actually 'LOL' after writing that? I can just about see it as you appear to be a complete headcase
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,558
    Snorebens wrote:
    LOL.

Did you actually 'LOL' after writing that? I can just about see it as you appear to be a complete headcase

LOL.

That's a genuine lol, btw. Haven't fallen off the sofa or rolled on the floor, just a quiet giggle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • we will see who has the last laugh.

:)

so far, no one has offered a better explanation why he is acting like a child.
  • Except half way through your post you suddenly realized that keeping quiet doesn't help secure a sponsor. So decided to write a load of illogical rubbish.

Any sponsor worth their salt won't sign with HighRoad based on Cav being there without some assurances, what is currently floating around in the media doesn't help or hinder. So why would Bob get Cav to promise to keep quiet, and, if Cav was the sociopath you are suggesting, surely he'd break that promise...

I know, I know, I shouldn't feed the troll...[/quote]

do you have a better explanation as to why cavendishy is playing this little game? Who is benefiting from his silence? Sky? His bank account? Renshaw? Bernie? Why not just man up and say. I am an adult, and this is my adult decision.

I'd love to read your thoughts about this. perhaps you could convince me in am wrong.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    (wanker)

The only wanker here is you.

Oh....and you're a yank.....kind of rhymes!!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    RC856 wrote:
    (wanker)

The only wanker here is you.

Oh....and you're a yank.....kind of rhymes!!

I'm not convinced he is a yank, I've never known a merkin to say wanker, ever.

troll.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Mmmm, true.

Just a troll of the highest order...and I should know better not to feed him
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    do you have a better explanation as to why cavendishy is playing this little game? Who is benefiting from his silence? Sky? His bank account? Renshaw? Bernie? Why not just man up and say. I am an adult, and this is my adult decision.

I'd love to read your thoughts about this. perhaps you could convince me in am wrong.

Well, it's obvious you don't like Cav. But the fact is most sponsors would love to have their name on his jersey when he points to it on the Champs Elysees 10 metres ahead of everyone else. So I'll put some hyoptheses as to why he's not revealing who has signed for to you:

Perhaps he has signed elsewhere, but is doing Bob Stapleton a favour so as not to put off new sponsers for Highroad?

Perhaps he is waiting for Renshaw and/or others to be in position to announce who they've signed for before he announces?

Perhaps he has signed for Highroad again, and the team would like to make a big splash by announcing a new sponsor and the resigning of Cav?

My feeling is that it's the latter. Either way, I'm sure there's a good reason for the wait in announcing. But hey, don't let objectivity and reality get in the way of your Cav-hating...
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    so far, no one has offered a better explanation why he is acting like a child.

By contrast, plenty of your fellow forumites have suggested reasons why you consistantly act like a child! :wink:
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Maybe he hasn't actually signed yet, and therefore can't 'announce' . He only said he'd made his mind up.

Perhaps it's a comment made precisely to invite other parties to add further sweeteners to their offers.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Salsiccia wrote:

Well, it's obvious you don't like Cav. But the fact is most sponsors would love to have their name on his jersey when he points to it on the Champs Elysees 10 metres ahead of everyone else. So I'll put some hyoptheses as to why he's not revealing who has signed for to you:

Perhaps he has signed elsewhere, but is doing Bob Stapleton a favour so as not to put off new sponsers for Highroad?

Perhaps he is waiting for Renshaw and/or others to be in position to announce who they've signed for before he announces?

Perhaps he has signed for Highroad again, and the team would like to make a big splash by announcing a new sponsor and the resigning of Cav?

My feeling is that it's the latter. Either way, I'm sure there's a good reason for the wait in announcing. But hey, don't let objectivity and reality get in the way of your Cav-hating...

But if any of those reasons are true then why not just keep quiet until it's appropriate to speak rather than giving hints?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    How about he's signed a contract with his new team (whether that be Sky, or High Road), but for some reason or another part of the contract says he isn't allowed to say anything until x, y or z has been completed, or a certain date.

x could be other staff members moving to other teams, or other staff members in bound to High Road. By staff it could mean riders, or people like Zabel/Holm.

y could be something to do with endorsements, money or payments which need to be sorted out before he moves.

To me the fact he's doing the London 2012 test event for Team GB suggests he's likely to be at Sky.
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia wrote:

But if any of those reasons are true then why not just keep quiet until it's appropriate to speak rather than giving hints?

Because he keeps being asked who he's signed for by every journalist and his dog?
  • Is Geraint Thomas playing along with the game of is he /isn't he?

http://www.espn.co.uk/cycling/sport/story/104024.html
  • Salsiccia wrote:
    Salsiccia wrote:

Because he keeps being asked who he's signed for by every journalist and his dog?

He is, yeah, but being ambiguous isn't going to stymie that, is it? All he needed to say was "my status for next year wil be announced on *date* and not before."
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia wrote:

He is, yeah, but being ambiguous isn't going to stymie that, is it? All he needed to say was "my status for next year wil be announced on *date* and not before."

Fair point.
  • hammerite wrote:
    To me the fact he's doing the London 2012 test event for Team GB suggests he's likely to be at Sky.

think you're reading too much into that. Probably highly likely that he wants to get to know the route better to give himself the best chance as possible of winning. HTC are well known for researching finishes & tricky sections of the route.

On a slight aside, do you think Cav will get over Box Hill 9 times with the peloton in order to contest the sprint? I don't know the area and as the road race is on my birthday, I'd love to see Cav win.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    hammerite wrote:

think you're reading too much into that. Probably highly likely that he wants to get to know the route better to give himself the best chance as possible of winning. HTC are well known for researching finishes & tricky sections of the route.

On a slight aside, do you think Cav will get over Box Hill 9 times with the peloton in order to contest the sprint? I don't know the area and as the road race is on my birthday, I'd love to see Cav win.

Box Hill is a tiny climb, probably nothing that he wouldn't encounter and deal with loads of times on a single flat TdF sprint stage.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Why's everyone getting so excited about it then?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Why's everyone getting so excited about it then?

People from London think it's a big hill.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Why's everyone getting so excited about it then?

Because it's the only remotely selective part of the course. Any teams who don't want it to end in a sprint (I guess that's everbody apart from team GB) will want to try and make a selection there. The rest of the course looks like an extended criterium.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Might head down to London for my birthday then and hope I can get a vantage spot on the course near a big screen
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    Box Hill would almost certainly be category 4 in a typical tour de france stage. It might fail to get classified in a high mountain stage but even the Super Besse stage this year had an easier cat 4 in it.

It's certainly hard enough climbing it 9 times to put Cav into difficulty if people want to race. And unlike on a sprint stage on the tour, they will presumably want to race in the Olympics. But the medals aren't awarded at the top of the hill. There is loads of time for Cav to get back on - he won't fall far back, and it won't put him in much difficulty.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    hammerite wrote:

Fair point, only he's riding for GB at the test event not, High Road. What's in it for High Road to allow him to ride at this event? (attracting UK based sponsors maybe).
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    hammerite wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

Fair point, only he's riding for GB at the test event not, High Road. What's in it for High Road to allow him to ride at this event? (attracting UK based sponsors maybe).

Having the olympic and world champion on your team would be nice for next years Vuelta 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    http://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/ ... 4210535425

HTC to announce all riders are free for next season. Sad end to a great team
  • Neil McC wrote:

HTC to announce all riders are free for next season. Sad end to a great team

shame, I liked HTC. Will be surprised if Cav doesn't go to Sky then.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    edited August 2011
    Although... http://twitter.com/dnlbenson/status/99127034827112448
    All staff we've talked to haven't been told about HTC ending. So, no confirmation yet.

Original source of the story is Jacky Durand