what is the presta valve for in a rockshox reverb seatpost?

wobbem
wobbem Posts: 283
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Just asking
Don't think, BE:

Comments

• wobbem
    Sorry what is the presta valve for in a rockshox reverb seatpost for?
    Don't think, BE:
  • Greggors
    Greggors Posts: 53
    At a guess I would say for setting the pressure. The more pressure you put in the faster the seat post goes back up.

I dont have any experience of these so its just a guess!
  • wobbem
    Went for a ride on my brand new bike with brand new first time used seatpost, got back home and found the seat return was a little slow. Did a quick read up, bled it - still slow, rebled it - worse. Put the shock pump on the seatpost air valve, no air, pumped up to its setting of 250psi, blew the shock pump hose at 220 :evil: and could hear air escaping from the seatpost seals. On the bat phone to the supplier, thats the third one failed they have sold! Rockshox will sort out but hardly a good start, fingers crossed it will last after that.
    Bike is a beauty though. :Dhttp://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames/yelli-screamy
    Don't think, BE:
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I think that to adjust the return speed you need to turn the silver dial on the remote lever.
  • wobbem
    True , but by the end of the day it never returned to its original position, fast or slow.....
    Don't think, BE:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Ahem.. I think RockShox have overengineered something simple with air pressure and hydro activation.. but it is a nice piece of kit admittedly

No such matters with my [other brand] of droppable seatpost.. and three years of trouble free, weekly usage through all weather and riding conditions..
  • the reverbs are selling like hot cakes though, rockshox dont seem to be able to get them into the country fast enough for demand. Thankfully mine has been perfect but if you do own a reverb and are having problems with the speed of the return action then ....

A- try adjusting the barrel on the remote

if this fails to help

B- attach your shock pump to the presta valve and check the pressure is correct
    (dont try this with a cheap shi**y pump as it will probably fail at 250psi)

if the pressure is okay bleed the seatpost (or ask the supplier to do it as they should arrive pre bled)

If none of this works return the post
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • wobbem
    Sent the post of today. If it happens again I want a refund and will get some thing else, some thing I can service myself would be an advantage. Funnily enough another bloke I has just had his air seal blow as well, less than 3 months old!
    Raymondavalon whats your other post?
    Don't think, BE:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    wobbem wrote:
    Raymondavalon whats your other post?

wobbem I hope that they sort yours, I do like the RS offering, it's a lovely bit of kit and had this been around a few years back I probably would have got one myself

Mine's the Crank Brothers Joplin 3 (inch) with remote. Been using it for just under three years and it is user serviceable too.
    Absolutely flawless so far and I am no lightweight at 90Kgs either.
    If you do a search there are a few Threads on the Joplin, I was lucky as the exchange rate was very favourable when I bought mine and got the post BNIB (excl remote) for under £100 from Wiggle at the time.. how could I refuse?