Track mitts with white/light palms

keyser__soze
keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
So the new bike has white bar tape, and on my test ride I managed to turn bar tape a pretty manky shade of blackish grey due to marking/dye from the black palms of my (9 month old) Pearl Izumi mitts - was a warm wettish day and I occasionally sweat a bit through my hands. Can anyone recommend some decent gel-padded mitts (fingerless gloves - let's not restart that argument) with either white or light non-marking palms?
"Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
"Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    So the new bike has white bar tape, and on my test ride I managed to turn bar tape a pretty manky shade of blackish grey due to marking/dye from the black palms of my (9 month old) Pearl Izumi mitts - was a warm wettish day and I occasionally sweat a bit through my hands. Can anyone recommend some decent gel-padded mitts (fingerless gloves - let's not restart that argument) with either white or light non-marking palms?

are your PI mitts the pittards leather type? - i think it is the material that is the issue rather than strictly the colour of the material.

I have used various mitts on white bar tape over the past few years and while the tape gets dirty over time (of course,) it isn't an instant discolouration from the palm of my mitts. Even on the current stuff which is s-works 'roubaix' tape which has a suede effect and has lasted two years with minimal cleaning. probably needs replaced now right enough!
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Rapha Pro Team mitts are available in white and don't mark. The palm is leather, not gel, but they are well padded and very comfortable.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Campag C434 Heritage mitts in black or white have a cream palm area if that helps.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ajb72 wrote:
    Rapha Pro Team mitts are available in white and don't mark. The palm is leather, not gel, but they are well padded and very comfortable.

But presumably it would be cheaper for the OP just to buy another bike with black bar tape :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......