Camera Glasses

Typerchris
Typerchris Posts: 74
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

Im after a set of glasses with a built in camera. does anyone have any experience with them, What to reccommend etc?

Comments

• Hey, I have not used any or seen the results of any, I am guessing you don't want a Contour HD helmet camera then? These are very good and very well supported, great results from them.

I often wish I rode with a camera to collect evidence of all the insane drivers out there, I can't go more then a few yards without being cut up and overtaken and turned left in front of. Seriously fed up.

Cheers

Peter
    Ride like I drive - In the middle of the road at 30mph :)

Technical Help bod and general dogsbody at my LBS in Oxted Surrey, Petra Cycles http://www.petracycles.co.uk
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Don't buy on the high street. You can pick them up on Ebay for £20, add a Class 6 2Gb card for around £5 and you're away. Just remember the lens is 1/2 - 3/4" above your eyeline.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Typerchris
    redvee wrote:
    Don't buy on the high street. You can pick them up on Ebay for £20, add a Class 6 2Gb card for around £5 and you're away. Just remember the lens is 1/2 - 3/4" above your eyeline.

ive seen these i was just worried the quality would be pants. whats a class 6 card and will 2gb be big enough?

why are you saying about the lense distance from eyeline?

cheers
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Be lucky if they stay on over the bumpy bits.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Typerchris
    cooldad wrote:
    Be lucky if they stay on over the bumpy bits.

is the fitment not like normal glasses, and most wear them on the trails.
  • Typerchris
    seen these... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spy-Sun-Glasses-7 ... 19c64b0092

not sure what they will be like
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nice chunky shiny slippery plastic in that link. As I said, be lucky if they stay on over the bumpy bits.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Typerchris wrote:
    redvee wrote:

ive seen these i was just worried the quality would be pants. whats a class 6 card and will 2gb be big enough?

why are you saying about the lense distance from eyeline?

cheers

Class 6 is the speed which the card records data, there are Class 8 & 10s about but too dear for this application, 4Gb can also be found but 2Gb can be bought dirt cheap.
    Lower class cards will give a wobbly picture. The camera is in the nosebridge so in effect at the top of the glasses.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.