Opinions on these, please.

golfergmc
golfergmc Posts: 426
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
I was looking Mavic r sys wheels and the guy in the shop also mentioned campag wheels,
http://www.slanecycles.com/campagnolo-eurus-wheels-2way-fit-2009-shimano-p-1754.html,
http://www.slanecycles.com/mavic-rsys-premium-wheelset-shimano-m10-2010-p-5115.html.
Can someone compare these two wheel sets and tell me if there is a great difference in them, would I really notice it(being a lesiure cyclist, no racing etc) and is it worth the price difference, thanks.
Cervelo S5 Team 2012
Scott Addict R2 2010
Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
Kona Tanuki Supreme

Comments

• SNACK-HEAD
    SNACK-HEAD Posts: 35
    I have the mavics with the carbon spokes and find them brilliant to ride, light , spin well and very comfortable. However the carbon spokes may be a bit fragile ? I am concerned if someone stacks their bike ontop of mine at the cafe incase they bang the spokes , will they scratch or damage more easily than metal, also if slightly damaged will the give out on a 50mph decent.
    I crashed them racing and had to true them myself, i tightened them a touch , does carbon fibre stretch a bit ?
    For these reasons , in hindsight i would have chosen something else.
    unless money is not an issue to you ,
    I also run campag neutrons, tyre fitting is difficult, but at £270 in a sale 6 years ago they are good.
    The eurus have the 3g spoke pattern where the front wheel doesn`t match the back. Looks poo.
    I would probably buy some mavic ksyrium elite or sl`s next time.
    PART TIME WASTER
  • golfergmc
    golfergmc Posts: 426
    SNACK-HEAD wrote:
    I have the mavics with the carbon spokes and find them brilliant to ride, light , spin well and very comfortable. However the carbon spokes may be a bit fragile ? I am concerned if someone stacks their bike ontop of mine at the cafe incase they bang the spokes , will they scratch or damage more easily than metal, also if slightly damaged will the give out on a 50mph decent.
    I crashed them racing and had to true them myself, i tightened them a touch , does carbon fibre stretch a bit ?
    For these reasons , in hindsight i would have chosen something else.
    unless money is not an issue to you ,
    I also run campag neutrons, tyre fitting is difficult, but at £270 in a sale 6 years ago they are good.
    The eurus have the 3g spoke pattern where the front wheel doesn`t match the back. Looks poo.
    I would probably buy some mavic ksyrium elite or sl`s next time.
    My main worry is damage to the spokes as my bike is stacked with two other bikes againist it to protect it from the kids. I have elites on at the minute, would there be much difference in them and the eurus, I don`t mind the looks.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • SNACK-HEAD
    SNACK-HEAD Posts: 35
    I would guess not much , however check the eurus internal rim profile. if there is no inner trough for the tyre to drop into , tyre changing could be tough like my neutrons . So i dont use them on long sportives for that cold hands, in a rush feeling, i get.
    The others i fancy are Ryde carat r1 ? , superlight and stealthy looking.
    PART TIME WASTER