Police Stopping mopeds

2»

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I did my CBT yesterday

Cognotive Behavioural Therapy? Do you find it helps?
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    As an aside, who (as a stereotype) are the worst motorcyclists/scooter riders?

IME, it's actually the "booted and suited" in London - especially those with the "cool" Momo lids on. They seem incapable of moving their heads from the straight ahead, roar around like nuts. Don't really come across too many scooter-cooters (fuzzy upper lip, craterous acne, planet sized ego and microscopic road sense), but they're a menace to everyone - not least themselves

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    SecretSam wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I did my CBT yesterday

EKE_38BPM wrote:

IME, it's actually the "booted and suited" in London - especially those with the "cool" Momo lids on. They seem incapable of moving their heads from the straight ahead, roar around like nuts. Don't really come across too many scooter-cooters (fuzzy upper lip, craterous acne, planet sized ego and microscopic road sense), but they're a menace to everyone - not least themselves

CBT = Compulsory Basic Training (to ride a powered two wheeler) but you already knew that.

One of the worst drivers I know also rides a Vespa and wears a Momo lid. No idea what he's like on two wheels, but he probably rides like he drives (badly).
    Maybe the Momo lid is worn like a badge of idiocy. See one and prepare for the wearer to be an idiot on the road?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • secretsam
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    CBT = Compulsory Basic Training (to ride a powered two wheeler) but you already knew that.

Now. you've got me there, but I thought I'd better check.
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    One of the worst drivers I know also rides a Vespa and wears a Momo lid. No idea what he's like on two wheels, but he probably rides like he drives (badly).
    Maybe the Momo lid is worn like a badge of idiocy. See one and prepare for the wearer to be an idiot on the road?

Those Momo lids are like a huge neon sign saying "Erratic, self-centred pr1ck with the road sense of a 3-year old on a trike (but less control over vehicle)". As for those silly nylon blanket things they wear, what are they all about? A bib to stop them drooling over themselves should their brains suddenly spark into life?

• EKE_38BPM
    SecretSam wrote:
    Erratic, self-centred pr1ck with the road sense of a 3-year old on a trike (but less control over vehicle)

You must have met my mate!

• secretsam
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Erratic, self-centred pr1ck with the road sense of a 3-year old on a trike (but less control over vehicle)

You must have met my mate!

I'm sure (s)he hs redeeming features, or else you'd not associate with him/her

• EKE_38BPM wrote:
    IMaybe ASLs and cycle lanes should have scales on it and if the weight on the scale is too high it sends a spike up into the tyres of the vehicle.
    Hmm, I'd better start losing weight fast if this comes in! :shock:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I did my CBT yesterday and other than a bit of advice on how to filter (on the outside) and being told not to force your way to the front of a queue of traffic at the lights, there was nothing about ASLs or cycle lanes.

Very good training otherwise, but I guess as a cyclist (as well as a car driver and WVM) I could see it from a cyclist's point of view and I think that the omission of the rules of what powered two wheelers shouldn't do (in relation to cycle infrastructure) was a pity.

I guess the next stage of motorcycle training (motorcycle theory test) would cover that, but a (for example) 16 year old scooter rider is highly unlikely to do that.

Maybe ASLs and cycle lanes should have scales on it and if the weight on the scale is too high it sends a spike up into the tyres of the vehicle. Obviously the ASL weight spike would have to be linked to the colour of the traffic lights at the time.

As an aside, who (as a stereotype) are the worst motorcyclists/scooter riders or can't we tell because of the helmets?
    Is a 16 year old doing wheelies in traffic worse than a woman with no sense of what is going on around her or an overly agressive bloke determined to filter to the front no matter what?

Be careful were you are going with that!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    IMaybe ASLs and cycle lanes should have scales on it and if the weight on the scale is too high it sends a spike up into the tyres of the vehicle.
    Hmm, I'd better start losing weight fast if this comes in! :shock:

Added incentive.

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I did my CBT yesterday

EKE_38BPM wrote:

I did mine in 1991 so I could ride my scooter to school, beat the hell out of the bus, prefer my own power these days though