Superstar Pedals...

toby_winkler
toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
Nano Tech vs Nano Thru Pin

So the nano tech has 10 pins per side, and the thru pin has 8. The thru pin pins can be removed from behind making it easier, compared to the nano tech which are just grub screw grips (according to the superstar website).

My question is, is there really much difference between the two pedals? Do the two extra pins make any difference grip wise?

Apologies if this has been asked before, we all know how shite the search on here is (I did try my best to see if anything had been said before!).

Comments

• toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Also just noticed the nano techs are lighter as well.

Does this make the only advantage of the thru pins the removable screws, which in turn increase the weight, which sort of makes it a disadvantage!
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Forget everything about weight, a few little grub screws will make nigh on no difference ! No, what you're getting is a get out of jail card in the event of a pedal strike snapping the screw off, with the thru pins you can simply undo it from the bottom and replace, however you'll be stuffed with the normal ones ! Also they should be stronger as going through will give a greater contact patch thus reducing chances of damaging the thread or pedal body !

I have the thru-pin versions and they're proving brilliant !
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Or search around for Kona wah wah's. I got mine for £45 and they have the through pins with more pins than the superstar ones