Clamp size on front mech?

Cats Eyes
Cats Eyes Posts: 49
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Anybody know what size front mech clamp is required for a 2010 Boardman Team Carbon?

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    I would measure it rather than asking everyone else, or it will be stamped on the inside of the clamp :?
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Most parts that come in different sizes will have the size stamped on it somewhere, just need to look for it. Should be on the clamp itself, or possible on the actual mech, but not on the cage.
  • Cats Eyes
    Cats Eyes Posts: 49
    Thanks for the responses!

The reason I'm asking is because I don't have the bike at the moment to look/measure for it myself.
    Can the bands on SRAM front mechs be taken off & changed for a different size?
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    Wrap some electricians around the frame, remove it and lay it on a table. Measure it and this should give you the circumference. If it closely matches one of the available sizes you should be good to go. If not then maybe use a slightly more scientific method or just contact halfords, actually the latter might be the riskiest option!
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Wrap some electricians around the frame

I would really like to see that, post a photo once the "electricians" are firmly attached :wink:
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    topdude wrote:
    Wrap some electricians around the frame

I would really like to see that, post a photo once the "electricians" are firmly attached :wink:

those pesky electricians. thats it wrap them round. or you could just try electricians tape, probably a little easier to measure!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Electricians tape will be less reliable than the actual electrician; it stretches too much. Far easier to use a strip of paper
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    what diameter is the seatpost? If 27.2mm it'll be 31.8mm or if bigger 34.9mm. There are only 2 common sizes these days
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • was the size ever established??
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    was the size ever established??
    Have a read viewtopic.php?f=40073&t=12726337
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have seen this before
    However my seatube size measures a obscure 10.6, so I'll assume a 34.9 is ok?