Who’s applied for Olympic second chance tickets?

yocto
yocto Posts: 86
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
After the shambles of the first ballot, I mustered enough enthusiasm to apply again…

Website was painfully slow but application got accepted
Went for Beach Volleyball and Basketball in the end. As far as I understand, it’s a first come first serve basis, though they still can’t tell you if you’ve got tickets…. How does that figure!? :roll:

Anyone else go for anything?

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Only way I will be at the Olympics is if I make the team!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • yocto wrote:
    After the shambles of the first ballot, I mustered enough enthusiasm to apply again…

Website was painfully slow but application got accepted
    Went for Beach Volleyball and Basketball in the end. As far as I understand, it’s a first come first serve basis, though they still can’t tell you if you’ve got tickets…. How does that figure!? :roll:

Anyone else go for anything?
    Don't they let you know in 24-48hrs? Mind, unless you can then apply for more in this window, I don't see the point in letting you know until after the window shuts.

Why is it that everyone I know either has no tickets or multiple tickets? I have yet to find (bet this draws someone out here) anyone who only got one session of tickets when they applied in the first round.

Gone for Hockey - my sport. Applied for 4 sessions @ £20 first time round (as well as several other sports). All those sold out, yet there were other £20 seats available in other sessions :( Hopefully better luck this time :?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    On the site at 6. 6.01 first session in the bag. 6.08 site is slowing so only just got second session. 6.20 finally get my third session in the bag after many attempts. 6.30 finally get to payment screen.

Then I have to wait 24-48 hours to find out if my application is successful - I thought it was first come first served. Suspect it must be apply for your sessions, then they allocate the tickets they do have to those who applied first. So despite my application I still could have nothing.

Went for Equestion dressage for the missus (no idea what it is but sounded better than £80 for 45 minutes of synchronised swimming), boxing and basketball.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Why is it that everyone I know either has no tickets or multiple tickets? I have yet to find (bet this draws someone out here) anyone who only got one session of tickets when they applied in the first round.

Gone for Hockey - my sport. Applied for 4 sessions @ £20 first time round (as well as several other sports). All those sold out, yet there were other £20 seats available in other sessions :( Hopefully better luck this time :?

You won your bet. I applied for Hockey Judo Cycling and opening cermony - and got just the Hockey 5 tickets - £20 ones for me & the mrs and pay your age for the kids.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,588
    I put in one order of 4 tickets for a day at the stadium (for my 'rents and sister) and got them.

Didn't put in for anything else.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    We looked through the remaining sports last night, and there was nothing we were willing to pay for oodles to go see to be honest.

We applied for everything we wanted to see the first time around....we got one morning session of athletics, so we're getting a big TV to watch everything else we didn't get tickets to ;)
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • t4tomo wrote:
    I applied for Hockey Judo Cycling and opening cermony - and got just the Hockey 5 tickets - £20 ones for me & the mrs and pay your age for the kids.
    Can you feel the hate? :evil:

:wink:
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Being British, I applied for tickets in the hope I would not get any, specifically so that I can bore people to death on the interwebs with my moaning on and on about it, and how I pay my taxes, I paid for the Games, etc and so on ...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Plenty of football tickets left.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    redvee wrote:
    Plenty of football tickets left.

As if we don't get football rammed down our throats enough already, there's going to be even more of it next year ...
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    No, not after the way it was handled for the first lot of tickets, Lord Coe can go screw himself with his olympic torch.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Nothing in the first round, did not bother in the second. Nothing I wanted to see left and after the whole debacle, I did not want to get something, be dissapointed and then have to pay extortionate rates to travel to London.