National RR and TT Results **SPOILERS**

Comments

• NOW however - Alexander Kristoff just won the Norwegian National Champion RR after being in the break all day! Very, very impressive!!

1. Alexander Kristoff (BMC)
    2. Vegard Stake Laengen (Joker Merida)
    3. Thor Hushovd (Garmin-Cervèlo)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    NOW however - Alexander Kristoff just won the Norwegian National Champion RR after being in the break all day! Very, very impressive!!

Are you talking about Kristoff's ride or my psychic premonition? :wink:
  • afx237vi wrote:
    NOW however - Alexander Kristoff just won the Norwegian National Champion RR after being in the break all day! Very, very impressive!!

Are you talking about Kristoff's ride or my psychic premonition? :wink:

I'll say both ;)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Lux title goes to... SHOCK... Frank Schleck.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    afx237vi wrote:

Oh did they not hold hands crossing the line together then seeing as one cant go anywhere without the other and get a jersey each.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:

It is a shock. It's meant to be Andy' s turn. He'll now go and tell on Frank to Mama Schleck for not sharing his toys.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fastandfurry
    fastandfurry Posts: 138
    SO in GB champs saying now that wiggins, keenaugh and Thomas have around 2:30 on Stannard, Bibby and House.

Main bunch now sat up at 7mins+

3 laps to go which I think is about 30 miles right?

They must have finish by now! Who won??
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    SO in GB champs saying now that wiggins, keenaugh and Thomas have around 2:30 on Stannard, Bibby and House.

Less than 10 miles to go. The trio with over 2 minutes lead still.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890

Still 30 mies to go - I mean it`s only about 6pm ......Newcastle pubs dont open till 7pm
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800

Men's RR Champs: Sky trio still leading, with chasing three 2-40 behind. But some big groups are getting organised behind. Chase anyone?
    cartoon.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

No, they are on the last lap (still Wiggins, Kennaugh and Thomas out front with 2 mins 40 advantage)
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Reported last lap begun 10 mins ago - 13 miles.

I think this is between who sky want to have the jersey, expect they want it in the tour which would count kennaugh out.

EDIT: Gap has now gone out to 3:30
  • RichN95.
    Wappygixer wrote:

That was posted ages ago. There's about ten miles to go.
  • thamacdaddy
    Yeah best way to get upto date info bizarrely is through twitter:
    http://tinyurl.com/3wa982y
  • RichN95.
    Wiggins has attacked.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited June 2011
    Lots of good racing today.

So pleased for Gilbert - will be amazing to see him riding and winning in that lovely jersey. Chose the right avatar.

Sylvain - 30km solo...class. Deserving winner. What a rider.

Contador taking it to them and would have taken the win if he didnt have a wheelsucker all over him and been lacking in the sprint. Would have so loved to see him racing and winning in that jersey, putting it on show.

Back to Britain...seems very odd when it is basically an entire PT team taking on 2nd levels. Not much of a race tbh. Really hoping Wiggins takes it though.

Shame for Dan Martin...much better rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thamacdaddy
    Wiggins seems to have gone solo. 17seconds.
  • Pokerface
    Wiggine on the attack now...
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Wiggins seems to have gone solo. 17seconds.

Good stuff, might be hard to pull back as i've heard he's a fairly reasonable TTer...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    Come on WIGGINS, drop those fellas. TT yourself to a great jersey so you can stand out in the Tour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Gilbert made the 18man selection then dropped them in the finale. Boonen 6th.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Just caught up with the French race. Fascinating chases throughout. Consistently produces the best race of the week.
    I like that Boulogne finish. A pity the seem to have had to remove it from Dunkerque.

Chapeau Sylvain, Tony and Tommy V.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    c667d992e8c43bf4b77d26c2dbd47823-getty-_.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • thamacdaddy
    edited June 2011
    Back to Britain...seems very odd when it is basically an entire PT team taking on 2nd levels. Not much of a race tbh. Really hoping Wiggins takes it though.

I have seen this comment elsewhere but it's BS really. UK only has one pro tour team, even though rapha and Endura etc have decent riders in them. It happened in the Swiss champs as well with it ending up Canc vs BMC, but there you go a stronger pro tour level rider won.

So all this talk of "it's not fair team sky dominate" is a bit of a red herring. It happens in other countries where they have few pro tour teams and few domestic riders who ride in pro tour level and no one says a word. It simply comes down to the fact GB have one pro level team and they happen to have bought up some of the top GB talent to be a part of it.

EDITED - Mistaken - sorry
  • Pokerface
    25 second gap now
  • Pokerface

I have seen this comment elsewhere but it's BS really. UK only has one pro tour team, even though rapha and Endura etc have decent riders in them. It happened in the Swiss champs as well with it ending up Canc vs BMC, but there you go a stronger pro tour level rider won.

So all this talk of "it's not fair team sky dominate" is a bit of a red herring. It happens in other countries where they have few pro tour teams and few domestic riders who ride in pro tour level and no one says a word. It simply comes down to the fact GB have one pro level team and they happen to have bought up some of the top GB talent to be a part of it.

Plus I don't think on a course like this Dan Martin is in fact a stronger rider, it would even be questionable on any course that he is more deserving than any of the other talent there. Bit flippant that.

I think you're confused. Dan Martin lost the Irish Road race by the width of a tyre. Nothing to do with the GB race currently going on.
  • thamacdaddy
    whoops :oops:

Yep well must edit that and say Sorry
  • frenchfighter

Plus I don't think on a course like this Dan Martin is in fact a stronger rider, it would even be questionable on any course that he is more deserving than any of the other talent there. Bit flippant that.

You are right about some other Nat RRs which have a similar situation, although I cant think of one where it is literally an entire team against everyone, more a bunch of PT against everyone.

Re Martin. Just really like him as a rider by miles and would have been happier if he won.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    edited June 2011
    Wiggo wins it

#first