National RR and TT Results **SPOILERS**

Comments

• thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    edited June 2011
    lowep81: Sky are tearing the #natchamps apart. Wiggins, Thomas and Kennaugh with a huge lead

If they went clear who do you think they would want in the jersey?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Gap in Spain is down to 35" and still got the final climb to do that will suit bertie down to the ground..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    Wiggins, Thomas and Kennaugh have split from lead group and are hammering it, now on two finishing circuits
    cartoon.jpg
  • jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    now just Wiggins, Thomas and Kennaugh
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Ireland:

1. Matt Brammeier (HTC)
    2. Dan Martin (Garmin)
    3. David McCann (Giant Kenda)
    4. Nicolas Roche (Ag2r)
    5. Sam Bennett (An Post Sean Kelly)

Amusingly, none of these riders were born in the Republic of Ireland

Well the Championship is All Island and we have always welcomed the Sons/Daughters of our Emigrants :D
    Go neiri on bothar leat.
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    Cancellara won the swiss champ
  • Doobz
    The Fit hit the Shan in Spain. Bertie just pretty much rode away from everyone with the help of another saxo rider. Bridged the gap to lead bunch and only Rojas managed to jump on his wheel..
    cartoon.jpg
  • thamacdaddy
    Last three KM of belgian race now:
    http://www.rtbf.be/livecenter/live_cham ... e?id=16563
  • thamacdaddy
    Gilbert attacking at 3km boonen racing to keep on
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Thomas had his turn last year. It would be nice to see Wiggo actually win a road race, but I think they'll give it to Kennaugh.
  • afx237vi
    Alexander Kristoff just won the Norwegian RR.
  • thamacdaddy
    Gilbert in the bag nice attack.
  • jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    GILBERT
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Gilbert wins Belgian title - beats Boonen on his own territory: a short cobbled climb 2 km from the finish
  • Doobz
    Bertie struggling a bit now while Rojas sucks the goodness from his rear wheel. Rojas refusing to come through and do any work..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Sky 1,2,3 again then by the looks of it! Thomas has the best finish of the 3....Wiggo by far the worst.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Maybe SLY can team up with Gewiss Ballan again and have Argentin,Furlan,& Berzin at the helm :roll:
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Maybe SLY can team up with Gewiss Ballan again and have Argentin,Furlan,& Berzin at the helm :roll:

i literally have no idea what this means.....
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I would love to see how people would react differently depending on whether Kennaugh won it or Wiggins...if Kennaugh wins it would be a great win for a promising young rider, if Wiggins wins people will complain about how it's a shit small race and he showed no panache.

If the trio have it in the bag then hopefully the team will tell them to race amongst themselves. If that happened and he's up for it I could see Wiggins riding away with it. Personally i'd like Kennaugh to get it though.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    Nicki Sorensen won the Danish RR.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Do you reckon that Sky will change the National Champs kit if Wiggo or Kennaugh win?.....G's looks very good imo!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited June 2011
    I would love to see how people would react differently depending on whether Kennaugh won it or Wiggins...if Kennaugh wins it would be a great win for a promising young rider, if Wiggins wins people will complain about how it's a shoot small race and he showed no panache.

If the trio have it in the bag then hopefully the team will tell them to race amongst themselves. If that happened and he's up for it I could see Wiggins riding away with it. Personally i'd like Kennaugh to get it though.

If Kennaugh gets it then it's good because he's been close several times before
    If Wiggins gets it then it's good because it will be prominent at the Tour (plus his green Sky kit dosen't seem to fit properly)
    If Thomas gets it then it's good as he's worn it well in the past year
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi wrote:

Uhmmm...They're not finished yet....He is in the break though!
  • inkyfingers
    RichN95 wrote:
    I would love to see how people would react differently depending on whether Kennaugh won it or Wiggins...if Kennaugh wins it would be a great win for a promising young rider, if Wiggins wins people will complain about how it's a shoot small race and he showed no panache.

If Kennaugh gets it then it's good because he's been close several times before
    If Wiggins gets it then it's good because it will be prominent at the Tour
    If Thomas gets it then it's good as he's worn it well in the past year

Agree Rich, but not everyone is a rational as you are!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Doobz
    Bertie and Rojas still leading in Spain. Rojas looks by far the freshest after sitting on the whole climb but now coming through and taking turns at least.

1 min back to chasing group.

I cant see Bertie taking this to be fair.. bit of a sh|t trick by rojas but that's bike racing I guess!
    cartoon.jpg
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

Uhmmm...They're not finished yet....He is in the break though!

Whoops, you're right.
  • Doobz
    Rojas takes it in spain!
    cartoon.jpg
  • thamacdaddy
    SO in GB champs saying now that wiggins, keenaugh and Thomas have around 2:30 on Stannard, Bibby and House.

Main bunch now sat up at 7mins+

3 laps to go which I think is about 30 miles right?
  • Doobz
    Poor berties luck just got worse. He faceplanted while jumping onto the podium..

:lol:
    cartoon.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    Doobz wrote:
    Poor berties luck just got worse. He faceplanted while jumping onto the podium..

:lol:

I bet he even fell over with panache though, didn't he!