• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    ^~ Wot he said.

Now back to the results that matter!
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    RichN95 wrote:

Jeez

I did the Bangor Coastal Challenge last week and got a tee shirt, a water bottle and a power bar.

Are you in current possession of a World Cup leaders jersey?
    No? Well in that case you're not really free to pick and choose like Pokerface, who does.
    Surely he is taking the mick out of the Irish race and not Pokerface? Or at least thats how it comes across to me.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Pokerface
    Seriously. Just let it go. :oops:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Sorry, my fault. Me being a clot. Not the first time. Won't be the last.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface
    CyclingNews also running a page on all the results. Not as informative as this thread though!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2011-na ... index-page
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Irish Womens RR

1) Siobhan Horgan
    2) Louise Moriarty
    3) Caroline Ryan
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    Italian Road Race

1 Giovanni Visconti (Farnese Neri)
    2 Mauro Santambrogio (BMC)
    3 Simone Ponzi (Liquigas Cannondale)
    4 Giampaolo Caruso (Katusha)
    5 Domenico Pozzovivo (Colnago CSF)
    6 Paolo Bailetti (De Rosa Flaminia)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice, nice for Visconti. Hard to stay top for two...I wonder if Voeckler will get do so also.

He looked pretty chuffed:
    bettiniphoto_0084121_1_full_600.jpg

Tuft takes Canadian TT
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I like Boonen's talk:

“I definitely want to be champion and will go all out,” Boonen said, according to Sporza. "The course this year is too easy," he added. “I'd prefer something harder and more selective.”

An outsider has a good chance to win this year, but if it comes to a mass sprint, Boonen will be ready. “I am confident that my sprint is good enough,” he said.

Boonen, who won the national title in 2009, that “I will take as much risk as in the Belgian nationals as in the first Tour stage. The nationals are just as important to me, the jersey is so beautiful."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Nice, nice for Visconti. Hard to stay top for two...I wonder if Voeckler will get do so also.

That's because he'd just beaten 3 BMC riders who had 30kms to take him and the other 4 nobodies (Pozzo excluded) men in the break.
    Cadel's Clueless Crew.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154

That's because he'd just beaten 3 BMC riders who had 30kms to take him and the other 4 nobodies (Pozzo excluded) men in the break.
    Cadel's Clueless Crew.
    I'd love to see a Leopard Trek/BMC breakaway in a tactical finale.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Not live, but according to the latest RP podcast will be on after Stage 1 of the Tour, before the highlights

July 2nd 5pm on ITV4. A week after the event. Pathetic.

Surprised Sky not showing it live, what with having about 27 riders taking part :lol:
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Carl_P wrote:
    Not live, but according to the latest RP podcast will be on after Stage 1 of the Tour, before the highlights

July 2nd 5pm on ITV4. A week after the event. Pathetic.

Surprised Sky not showing it live, what with having about 27 riders taking part :lol:

4.30pm :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Women:
    Netherlands: Vos
    Germany: Teutenberg
    Sweden: Johansson

No surprises there...

Evelyn Arys wins Belgian road race - bunch sprint in Hooglede-Gits
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Lizzie armitstead takes GB women's, apparently - good for her!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • RichN95.
    patchy wrote:
    Lizzie armitstead takes GB women's, apparently - good for her!

Cooke 2nd, Laws 3rd.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    So how are we to follow the Mens if we are not there?? Or, is that we're not - follow it on twitter.

Just a thought. Have Sky decided already who will win??
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Sky are racing each other, but also racing to make sure Sky win
  • RichN95.
    Cavendish on twitter:

Having breakfast before Nationals & @teamsky are walking in. It's like that game #lemmings, where they just keep coming through the door.

I heard @teamsky have had to hire Newcastle United's St James' Park Stadium to fit all the riders in for the pre-race meeting.

Just had @HTCHighroad pre-race talk with Me, Myself & I... Breakaway duty, bunch-control duty & sprint duty. #lovelydayforabikeride
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Young talent Adriano Malori takes Italian TT title

Pavel Brutt takes Russian RR
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cavendish on twitter:

Having breakfast before Nationals & @teamsky are walking in. It's like that game #lemmings, where they just keep coming through the door.

I heard @teamsky have had to hire Newcastle United's St James' Park Stadium to fit all the riders in for the pre-race meeting.

Just had @HTCHighroad pre-race talk with Me, Myself & I... Breakaway duty, bunch-control duty & sprint duty. #lovelydayforabikeride

that's funny.

he's obviously pretty loose before the race!!!!

edit: although he is yet another person who doesn't seem to have a clue about using hashtags on twitter.
  • takethehighroad
    Come then, oh great Tweeter, how "should" one use a hashtag on Twitter?
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    PBo wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cavendish on twitter:

that's funny.

he's obviously pretty loose before the race!!!!

edit: although he is yet another person who doesn't seem to have a clue about using hashtags on twitter.

I think he understands perfectly. Hashtags have two uses, one they are to tag a message against a subject that others can follow. The decode common usage of hashtags is for attaching an ironic, sarcastic or simply amusing topic title to what you are saying. It's not a case of him not understanding the first option. People are allowed humour with these things too
  • RichN95.
    The UK race is under way and there's a break of nine with a minute. Includes Thomas, Froome & Dowsett. Also House & Wilkinson.
  • thamacdaddy
    How you getting updates? Is there a text feed etc anywhere or you at the race?
  • RichN95.
    How you getting updates? Is there a text feed etc anywhere or you at the race?

Twitter. Specifically, this bloke: http://twitter.com/Matt_Winston

A group of 13 have 2 minutes. Only six from Sky in it, so they're technically outnumbered seven to six.
  • thamacdaddy
    Thanking you :)
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Come then, oh great Tweeter, how "should" one use a hashtag on Twitter?

ironically, i don't tweet myself!!!!

However, I take macdaddy's point about using them for humour. I guess that I don't see why the hashtag is needed - you can append a witty comment/title perfectly easily without a hashtag! Even if it has beome a default use, it probably evolved because people didn't understand the proper use :wink:

However, if I'm being totally honest, using it like this doesn't actually detract from the useful uses of the hashtag, so I guess I should just loosen up, and remind myself I don't own the interwebs. :oops:

#twittertwattery
  • takethehighroad
    #messagereceivedandunderstood ;)