National RR and TT Results **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    looks like it might be Luis leon Sanchez.. he set the best intermediate time

best of times at kilometer 20 :
    Luis Leon Sanchez (Rabobank): 27.12
    Jonathan Castroviejo (Euskaltel): 27.31
    Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank): 27.36
    Jesus Herrada (Movistar): 28.02
    José Ivan Gutierrez (Movistar): 28.06
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    Luis Leon Sanchez is the Spanish National Time Trial Champion! He has renewed his title with a final time of 56:4
    cartoon.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Spain TT

1. LL Sanchez 56.43
    2. J Castroviejo +1'01
    3. A Contador +1'12

Must be a worry for Bertie
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Bertie must have been lacking a certain something....

First time LLS has been the right end of a results sheet this year!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Doobz
    RichN95 wrote:
    Spain TT

1. LL Sanchez 56.43
    2. J Castroviejo +1'01
    3. A Contador +1'12

He did say the other day that in testing his numbers were not as he would have hoped.

I think for him and riding the tour, is the mountains come quite late in this years race so he can possibly go in a little bit out of form. It would have been more of a worry too, if the second stage was an ITT and not a TTT -
    cartoon.jpg
  • Doobz
    Nelson Oliveira Portuguese TT Champ
    cartoon.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Doobz wrote:
    speaking of TT - Contador has just rolled off the start ramp a few mins ago and before he started said he was "Going for Broke"

Are you sure you didn't mishear and he said "I'm going without dope"? :wink:
  • Doobz
    edited June 2011
    andyp wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    speaking of TT - Contador has just rolled off the start ramp a few mins ago and before he started said he was "Going for Broke"

Are you sure you didn't mishear and he said "I'm going without dope"? :wink:

I also heard him say "I have a lot at steak here" - could be a translation thing..
    cartoon.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Doobz wrote:

He did say the other day that in testing his numbers were not as he would have hoped.

I think for him and riding the tour, is the mountains come quite late in this years race so he can possibly go in a little bit out of form. It would have been more of a worry too, if the second stage was an ITT and not a TTT -

Alternatively, his focus on the Giro meant he trained hard to be in form in May, and he's now struggling to regain form for the Tour.

Many, many riders have attempted the Giro/Tour double and very few have achieved it.
  • Doobz
    andyp wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Alternatively, his focus on the Giro meant he trained hard to be in form in May, and he's now struggling to regain form for the Tour.

Many, many riders have attempted the Giro/Tour double and very few have achieved it.

yea for sure, I think it makes things a bit more exiting knowing he has the Giro in his legs. I almost am hoping he struggles a bit and really has to fight hard for the yellow..
    cartoon.jpg
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Russia ITT: Mikhail Ignatiev
    Ukraine ITT: Oleksandr Kvachuk
    Portugal ITT: Nelson Felipe Santos Oliveira
    Belarus ITT: Kanstantsin Siutsou
    Lithuania ITT: Gediminas Bagdonas
    Czech Republic ITT: Jiri Hudecek
    Slovakia ITT: Pavol Polievka
    Poland ITT: Tomasz Marczynski
    Denmark ITT: Rasmus Christian Quaade
    Moldova RR: Alexandre Pliuschin
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

3 weeks til the serious part of the Tour. I suspect his levels are probably a bit low at the moment.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    iainf72 wrote:
    3 weeks til the serious part of the Tour. I suspect his levels are probably a bit low at the moment.

You mean levels of form, right?
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Yeah, but ideally you don't want to go into the Tour searching for form. You can find yourself too far down a nervous peloton at risk from crashes and crosswinds.

It's certainly not a disaster, but if he was going full out then losing by a minute to 2011's most underperforming rider must be a disappointment.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:

You mean levels of form, right?

Ummm. No.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited June 2011
    Shame that Martin didnt take the Ger TT. I guess it puts Grabsch in the limelight but am not too keen on brutes.

Nice win for LLS. Regaining some form at last. Nice ride by Castroviejo - showing some great TT form in his 2nd yr for EE with this 2nd, a win in Vuelta a la Comunidad de Madrid's TT, 1st in Romandie TT and 8th in TA TT.

Would like to have seen Contador take it but he is a month recovering from the hardest race of the year. LLS didnt ride the Giro and has decent form from from the Dauphine. At least he turns up d tries to win.

He is riding the RR also. Although it looks challenging on paper, Contador saying it doesnt suit him - fast middle mountains. We shall see. Would be so cool for him to ride the Tour in the Nat Champ kit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Shame that Martin didnt take the Ger TT. I guess it puts Grabsch in the limelight but am not too keen on brutes.

FF FTW!

:lol:

Classic.
  • frenchfighter
    Interesting bottle placement
    sui11st08-stef.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Ireland TT Results:

1st Matt Brammeier 50:15
    2nd David McCann 50:21
    3rd Michael Hutchinson 50:29
  • RichN95.
    Pokerface wrote:
    Ireland TT Results:

Is Dr Hutch allowed to ride both the Irish and GB champs as an Ulsterman or has he switched his allegiance?
  • frenchfighter
    Times very tight.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • takethehighroad
    That's cause they all had to use a sit up and beg whilst wearing a flat cap
  • Pokerface
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Ireland TT Results:

Is Dr Hutch allowed to ride both the Irish and GB champs as an Ulsterman or has he switched his allegiance?

"Ireland" is both Republic and Northern Ireland. GB also includes N. Ireland.

I only just found out that those in N. Ireland can ride in Irish colours.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Pokerface wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Ireland TT Results:

"Ireland" is both Republic and Northern Ireland. GB also includes N. Ireland.

I only just found out that those in N. Ireland can ride in Irish colours.

We'll let anyone ride in our colours.......

Was there no Paracycling event at the Nationals. Did you ride? How'd it go.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pokerface

Yes there was. Didn't ride it as it's a joke. They don't give out any medals/jerseys, etc and they don't factor the event across different disability categories, etc - so basically a tandem wins every year.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Pokerface wrote:

Yes there was. Didn't ride it as it's a joke. They don't give out any medals/jerseys, etc and they don't factor the event across different disability categories, etc - so basically a tandem wins every year.

Jeez

I did the Bangor Coastal Challenge last week and got a tee shirt, a water bottle and a power bar.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.

Jeez

I did the Bangor Coastal Challenge last week and got a tee shirt, a water bottle and a power bar.

Are you in current possession of a World Cup leaders jersey?
    No? Well in that case you're not really free to pick and choose like Pokerface, who does.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Is the British RR not on telly this year? ...couldn't find the listing
  • takethehighroad
    Not live, but according to the latest RP podcast will be on after Stage 1 of the Tour, before the highlights
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    RichN95 wrote:

Jeez

Are you in current possession of a World Cup leaders jersey?
    No? Well in that case you're not really free to pick and choose like Pokerface, who does.

I 'think' you may have got the wrong end of the stick there Rich......it looks to me as though TWH was amazed that in some obscure welsh TT he got some prizes/goody bag....whilst at a national championship Pokerface would have recieved zilch?...... I dont think that he was having a pop at him for not riding?

Always nice to get up on your high horse on the interweb though innit :D