Guimard thinks Contador mechanically doped...

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2011 in Pro race
Saying it is odd he changed bikes so many times.

Another guy who needs to get real.

One reason for changing bikes other than mechanical issues could be to have lower gearing for the climb.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8703/ ... talia.aspx
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    A stupid notion true, but it is odd how much both Canc and Bertie have changed bikes this year.

There has to be virtually no downside to riding a climbing whippet-bike on the flat bits surely? 50-11 or even 50-12 would be high enough to keep up?

Strava is not Zen.
  • mz__jo
    mz__jo Posts: 398
    Guimard has done enough mechanical doping in his time (particularly as a manager) to have a good idea what he's talking about. He would probably admit however that a lot of it is in the mind and I somehow don't see Canc or Bert needing that sort of prop.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    I can't see Contador doing this pharmaceutical doping is enough for him to win.
  • A strange accusation I thought. By changing bikes regularly you'd be drawing attention to yourself and making it easier to get caught.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Just a thought, do they weigh the bikes before or after the stage?

And do they weigh them all, or just the one they start/finish on?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    prawny wrote:
    Just a thought, do they weigh the bikes before or after the stage?

Both/neither.

The weighing of road bikes doesn't happen all that often but can be done if the commissaires want either before or after a stage. The mechanics will be responsible for making sure they are the correct weight.