Lake Shoes

mickeygtlover
mickeygtlover Posts: 47
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Lake shoes are like, have you had a pair? Once of my friends knows someone who works for them, and so can get them cheap? But not had much experience of them, any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Great on water I heard
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Great on water I heard

Oh you are funny!!!! Do you have anything decent or remotely relevant to say?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Do Google and there is some video stuff out there. Cyclefit in London sell them as their main shoe and really rate them. Eddy S who normally posts on 'Track' has a pair. They are a bathtub type shoe and can be moulded to you your mid-foot/heel. they also have a carbon leaf spring in the sole which adds to the comfort. This is the CX401 model, don't know about the others
    M.Rushton
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I had the CX236C's they were nice, well made from kangaroo leather and came with BOA closure. I would still be in them but they rubbed the little toe on my right foot and so back to specialized.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Heard good things about them, not the best looking maybe. And their wide version is probably the widest available of any shoe.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Thanks for all the replies, as I said my mate is going to get these for me as he gets some decent discount!!!

I have a choice of the following:

CX236 £110
    CX170 £85
    CX165 £60
    CX311 £110
    CX211 £65

I was thinking of the CX170 they do a wicked Italian themed pair to celebrate something in the Giro d'italia.
  • brabus
    brabus Posts: 138
    hi

i have last years cx170s and they are excellent. really comfortable and the boa system is excellent. last years were a lovely white and gold leather too.

i dont think this years cx170s are leather but not sure if thats a good or bad thing!

saying that this years cx170s look fantastic! being part italian and a bike tart i love the white ones with the italian flag colouring! gonna have to put in loads of miles on my current ones to wear em out to justify a new pair!

if your friend has any going cheap let me know! :lol:
  • Thanks Brabus I have PM'd you with prices.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    I have the cx330c and they are VERY nice, well worth the money. Lovely soft leather, and fit my wide fee better than most.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    can you get them in any other colours? these will clash with my kit...
    article-1086239-027BB4FC000005DC-606_468x359.jpg
    Cycling weakly
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I bought some Lake 185 "alpine" mtb shoes and the build quality was super, they looked strong and comfortable

Unfortunately the sizing on Lake shoes is a bit small and they had to go back. The supplier didn't have the next size up :(

I'd certain buy Lake again however
  • ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    I got the CX170 Wide Fit from Rutland Cycling in February for £49.99, so there are some bargains to be had out there. I find them really comfortable, probably because of the wide fit, and love the tightening system.

They seem to be still doing the Silver/Black in big sizes at that price:- http://www.rutlandcycling.com/31590/Lake-CX170---Silver-Black---Road-Shoes.html
  • Hi,

Just looked at those on Rutland and I think they are last years aren't they the new CX170's are Italian Flag Colours are are the ltd edition ones for the Giro D'Italia or something? I think you can also get them in Black and White? I think from research they are called the Black 88 Edition and White 88 Edition?
  • skyd0g wrote:
    can you get them in any other colours? these will clash with my kit...
    article-1086239-027BB4FC000005DC-606_468x359.jpg

I'll try your handlebars look a little broken LOL
  • ianlash
    Hi,

Just looked at those on Rutland and I think they are last years aren't they the new CX170's are Italian Flag Colours are are the ltd edition ones for the Giro D'Italia or something? I think you can also get them in Black and White? I think from research they are called the Black 88 Edition and White 88 Edition?

Not sure. They are listed on the Lake website as current. Anyway, it's only a different colour, so may help someone with big feet like mine.
  • Fair play Ianlash, when you say big feet do you mean the width, as i know a lot of people say that lake do the best wide fit shoe out there?
  • ianlash
    Fair play Ianlash, when you say big feet do you mean the width, as i know a lot of people say that lake do the best wide fit shoe out there?

Rutland only have the large sizes left (46, 47, 48). I don't think they are the wide fitting.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    I've got some 235c in standard not wide fit, they're the most comfortable pair of shoes Ive worn, wide shoe box as standard without having to buy the wide fit which gives more space around the mid foot area, if they made an Italian design with boa lacing and carbon sole I'd be the happiest man alive.
    Half sizes are a huge bonus too.