SIDI Dealers Essex

BruceG
BruceG Posts: 347
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi
I am wanting to buy some SIDI shoes, however I am struggling to find a local stockist. I know they are available online from Wiggle and Co, however I am looking to buy a pair of genius 6.6 so with that kind of investment i really want to try them on to get the size right. So does anyone know of a stockist in the Essex area.
Thanks for any help

Bruce

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Whereabouts in Essex are you Bruce?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Contact these guys:-

sales@bigbear.co.uk

Sidi's UK distributer. They should know who they deal with :wink:

Google is your friend 8)
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • BruceG
    Whereabouts in Essex are you Bruce?

Leigh On sea
  • BruceG
    daviesee wrote:

sales@bigbear.co.uk

Google is your friend 8)

Ah but it isnt, it gets you to the bigbear site, who then proudly display a long impressive list of dealers, none of whom, when you ring them actually are!
  • BruceG
    If there is someone who has used Shimano shoes, then gone acroos to SIDI who could give me a size comparison that may help too
    I take a 46 wide in Shimano, so I know I will want the mega
    Thanks
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
  • BruceG
    Thanks but see previous post about fictional dealers, I went there as she is very local to me, and she only stocks/sells northwave
  • giant_man
    You may have to travel a little Bruce but there are dealers such as 53-12 in Colchester who stock and let you try on before you buy.

Chelmer cycles in Chelmsford are also a dealer but I don't know how much sidi stock they carry. I don't know many dealers in the Southend area.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Not sure 53-12 have that much stock do they? although admittedly, I've not been in there for a while.

I'd suggest rather than travelling you just order two different sizes from Wiggle, or whoever and return the ones that don't fit. It should only cost about a fiver in postage. That's what I did anyway.
  • giant_man
    I did get mine a few years ago admittedly, but hopefully they will still have stock.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    BruceG wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

sales@bigbear.co.uk

Google is your friend 8)

Ah but it isnt, it gets you to the bigbear site, who then proudly display a long impressive list of dealers, none of whom, when you ring them actually are!

What can I say. This Country has gone to the dogs.
    People are being laid off due to a lack of business and people wanting to buy stuff can't find out where to get it.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • lenclume
    lenclume Posts: 33
    I don't know about Shimano shoe sizing, but SIDI sizing is pretty consistent across all their models, and most people end up getting one size larger than their street shoe size.

I take a 44. There's a shop near me that had a decent selection of shoes, but none in the model I wanted.

I tried the 45s they had in the shop and they all fit me in the same way, road and MTB shoes alike. One pair of 45 Megas was just right. So I ordered a 45 Mega in the model I wanted and the fit was perfect.