A good Halfords for Boardman in Bristol?

Westwardbound
Westwardbound Posts: 3
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
As the title really. I'm considering a Boardman Hybrid Comp fi for my 12 year old 5' 4" (164cm) and growing daughter. I've tried to persuade her to a road bike but failed - she doesn't want to be "taking it too seriously"!

After a short post-work tour of Bristol's Halfords, I found a Boardman Hybrid Comp fi in the Halfords in Brislington. The chap serving seemed knowledgeable, and would sell me one either built or boxed.

Has anyone any experiences of Halfords Brislington? Also any thoughts on the right size for her? (there is little in the way of sizing advice on the website).

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    £500 for a 12 old is way over the top :shock: since she's still growing means selling in couple of years.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • This was one of the reasons I wanted advice on sizing. Given the heights of our immediate family I'm not expecting (!) her to grow hugely. The bike appears to only come in 2 sizes, so I thought if she is just tall enough for the larger size then the bike would see her through for many years.
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    This seems a more sensible bike for a kid tbh...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165534

Got the disc version myself. Build it yourself, and change bottom bracket (fitted one is low quality)
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    The one at Cribbs Causeway has a big bike section in it (upstairs) and has the Boardman range