xt front mech setup???

beany123
beany123 Posts: 133
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
nearing the end of my full rebuild of my giant trance 1, i cant for the life of me remember how the cable goes through the mech!! i took pics of everything apart from that....

anyone got a pic of theirs so i can see the route.... or how does it go??? :shock: :?

cheers
Giant Trance 1

Live to ride

Comments

• Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    It depends which xt mech you have. What's the model number & does the cable route along the top tube or under the BB?
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    download the manual and have a read.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • beany123
    its the top tube route, on the top of the mech there are some angled bars with the clamp bolt underneath them does it just run straight to the clamp or through the angled bar...
    Giant Trance 1

Live to ride
  • Deputy Dawg
    without knowing the model number of your xt mech I have absolutely no idea. Shimano tech docs currently have 26 different ones to choose from.
  • beany123
    fd-m770 buds
    Giant Trance 1

Live to ride
  • Deputy Dawg
    Its a dual pull top swing mech so you'll be wanting to run the cable strait to the clamp. The curved channel is used if your running the cable from the BB.

If you google FD-M770 fitting instructions, the top post will show you a pic, ;)
  • beany123
    TOP MAN :D:D:D
    Giant Trance 1

Live to ride