trek scratch 9 test ride

damonlock
damonlock Posts: 170
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
hay guys im looking to test ride a trek scratch 9 2011 with the coil shock setup and wondered if anyone knows of somewhere arround surrey, hampshire or berks that has them to test ride?? or if any of you guys own them can you give me your thoughts on them!!??

cheers

Damon

Comments

• J@mesC
    J@mesC Posts: 129
    I think Trek have a section on their website telling you which shops have which bikes to demo - think it's called Demo Daze or something??
  • damonlock
    i had a look but couldent see it would you have a link??

cheers
  • damonlock
    try HERE

cheers for that bit of a thick moment there!!! nothing going on near me will have to ring arround a few shops see if they have any and if they can help!!!
  • damonlock
    anyone on here got a scratch 9??? what do you think of it???
  • damonlock
    hay guys i rung arround all the trek dealers near me but cant even find one that has a scratch 9 for me to view!! wondered if anyone has seen one in a shop if so where??

cheers
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    bike plus in croydon had one a while back. I had a go. It's a bit of a beast. Don't know it it's a proper demo bike though, or just one they had around. Give them a ring...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They had one at a demo I wen't to before xmas. It was ok but orange were also there and I thought the alpine 160 was much better. I didn't like Trek's rear suspension but I am quite heavy so maybe it just doesn't work too well for bigger riders.
  • damonlock
    They had one at a demo I wen't to before xmas. It was ok but orange were also there and I thought the alpine 160 was much better. I didn't like Trek's rear suspension but I am quite heavy so maybe it just doesn't work too well for bigger riders.

That's interesting to know I've test rode a 16" alpine and liked it found it was too small so am waiting to test the 18" in three weeks I to am on the heavy side I thought the alpine could do with a coil shock on the rear as I could bottom it out doing some medium sized drops, would still like to see/ride the scratch 9 as I love how it looks and the reviews say it's good!!
  • fmp
    fmp Posts: 4
    i had a 2011 Scratch Air 9 (until this week when it got stolen), and i was very impressed with it.

I know its setup slightly differently with a 2x10 and air shock, but it rode really well.

back end was a lot stiffer than my old Trek Fuel EX8.

I am now wondering if i should get another or go for the regular scratch, but dont want to be limited by the 1x10 setup.
  • fmp
    fmp Posts: 4
    oh and i went to All-Terrain to get mine, which from Chichester on the south coast was about 4 odd hours each way!
  • damonlock
    fmp wrote:
    oh and i went to All-Terrain to get mine, which from Chichester on the south coast was about 4 odd hours each way!

bet that was a long day!!! do they have them in stock there?? sorry to hear your bike got nicked that sucks!!! what sort of riding you do on it?? is the air 160mm travel??