Trek EX7 (11) Vs Canyon XC 6.0 (11) Vs Cannondale One40 5

nebrog23
nebrog23 Posts: 16
edited May 2011 in MTB buying advice
After some advice, as the title suggest I have narrowed my search down to the following for £1500 budget.

2011 Trek EX7 £1500 (on offer from £2000)

2011 Canyon XC 6.0 £1370 inc shipping

2010 CANNONDALE RZ ONE FORTY 6 £1500 (reduced from £2300 at pauls cycles)

Main riding is trail centres, the Canyon seems to have best specification but there is a six week wait and can't test the sizing.

Anybody any thoughts?

Comments

• Jack Sheet
    Jack Sheet Posts: 11
    Go with the Trek.

They are built to last and have the best warranty in case something does go wrong.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Canyon for me, the sizing calculator thing is meant to be really good and if you want a bit of extra advice then call the UK service centre as they're meant to be really helpful.
  • nebrog23
    Went to look at the trek again, great frame but the spec seems awful compared to the canyon. Any other thoughts?
  • streetvw
    streetvw Posts: 164
    I've rescently bought a Canyon Nerve XC7 and have nothing but good things to say about them.
    The best advise I can give you with regard to sizing is to get someone to help you with the measurements don't guess your size when I initialy measured myself it came out as a small wasn't sure so got my brother to help me and ended up ordering a medium and don't be afraid to talk to the UK service centre Cullen is a reaally helpful guy
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC7 viewtopic.php?t=12765275
  • nebrog23
    Hi
    I have just been looking at the xc 7.0. Fantastic bike. How tall are you? I keep coming out as a medium bike but normally ride a large. Would you say the medium has a short or long reach?
    Thanks
  • streetvw
    I'm 5'9" with a 32" inside leg and the medium is just about right though I tend to ride a little more stretched out but as I said get someone to check your measurements with you
  • nebrog23
    Thanks, my measurements are definitely correct, I am just right on the limit for medium/large. Might just order a medium as they are in stock and they seem to have a good returns policy
  • streetvw
    try giving Cullen a call he might be able to help or drop him an email he really is clued up