New water proof jacket

ljs1977
ljs1977 Posts: 247
edited May 2011 in MTB buying advice
i currently have a Sports direct boil in the bag jacket that keeps the rain out fine but the river of sweat on the inside make me as wet and dehydrated!

I am looking for a water proof (or nearly) jacket which will keep some of the wind off too. But ideally is more suited to a bit of punishment. I tore mine on its first outing on a simple branch!

Cheers

Comments

• stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 559
    I have an altura night vision in black. takes plenty of abuse and has big vents to unzip. ive had it 2 years and its still waterproof and in good nick. when it dies ill get another one. i do sweat but i dont think any jacket will breath as claimed. i even hose it down at the end of the ride :)
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    I'm the same as Stoke - I own a night vision. Waterproof(ish), but I have still got wet when the weather was really bad (but that was Really bad - middle of December, horizontal rain/sleet). But its not really a summer jacket - it's too thick. The zips provide some ventilation, but i think its more of a 3 season jacket.

That said, it's the best ive found - everything else feels like I'm wearing a plastic bag.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)