CANNONDALE TRAIL SL3 2010 Vs Rockrider 8.1 2011

Richtea70
Richtea70 Posts: 107
edited May 2011 in MTB buying advice
Title says it all really.

I was all set to go for the Rockrider having seen a lot of positive comments, however I've been offered a Cannondale Trail SL3 2010 (s/h but mint) for £300.

Anyone have any experience of the Cannondale and what it offers compared to the RR?

Mainly be using the bike for XC and a bit of commuting.

Thanks,
Rich
GT Idrive
Trek 6300
GT Chucker

Comments

• woodytitan
    woodytitan Posts: 163
    I have the 2011 Cannondale SL3 and love it, been used abit on road/towpaths but been hammered a couple of times around Gisburn and stood up well too it. My 2 cents!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • JKHinton
    JKHinton Posts: 70
    Personally I always prefer a new bike over a second hand one, the Rockrider has a good spec and it has a great review by Bikeradar :?
  • Richtea70
    Thanks for the comments.

I realise that a new bike will be better than s/h but my real question is, is the Cannondale a better bike than the Rockrider? Cost of either isnt really an issue.

Thank you,
    Rich.
    GT Idrive
    Trek 6300
    GT Chucker
  • JKHinton
    JKHinton Posts: 70
    The cannondale trail SL1 was not highly rated by the Bike Radar review the shock was not up to much, so far there seems to be no Review for the cannondale SL 3 on Bikeradar the fact that they and others have not bothered to review it might mean its not up to much.If it was so hot I wonder why the vender wants to get rid of a bike in mint condition.

Edit... just googled some Reviews of the RST Deuce Air 100mm shock which is fitted to the Cannondale trail SL 3 2010 its not a very good fork.

The Rockshox Recon silver TK is a better fork.
  • Richtea70
    JKHinton wrote:
    The cannondale trail SL1 was not highly rated by the Bike Radar review the shock was not up to much, so far there seems to be no Review for the cannondale SL 3 on Bikeradar the fact that they and others have not bothered to review it might mean its not up to much.If it was so hot I wonder why the vender wants to get rid of a bike in mint condition.

Edit... just googled some Reviews of the RST Deuce Air 100mm shock which is fitted to the Cannondale trail SL 3 2010 its not a very good fork.

The Rockshox Recon silver TK is a better fork.

Thanks for that info, I'll give it a miss then!!
    Rich
    GT Idrive
    Trek 6300
    GT Chucker