Come on Evans..Get grip!!!

dan shard
dan shard Posts: 722
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Sent my RS Lyriks there 6 weeks ago to get converted to coil because of some 2step issues that had started to show their head. It was supposed to take 5 days from dropping off to picking back up. 2 weeks later I had to drive the service store (3 hr round trip) to pick them up so that I didnt miss my wknd away in CYB. They put them back together as they were before and I managed to get away for my weekend.
Dropped them back off when I got back and was told that they should be done by the end of the week. 4 weeks later and still not done!!!

I keep getting the same story that RS havent sent the right parts..so I havent been annoyed with Evans so far, but come on...Surely theres there only so much I can take!! 6 weeks with no forks?! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comments

• Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    evans do my head in.. the staff don't really know what they are doing.. problem with a chain store i suppose...
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    You should have sent them to TF Tuning..
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    You should have sent them to TF Tuning..

Certainly will be doing from now on!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Rushmore wrote:
    evans do my head in.. the staff don't really know what they are doing.. problem with a chain store i suppose...
    Like with a lot of chains it depends on how old the store is and the management. The new store in Guildford seems to have some guys there who are relatively knowledgeable and have been pretty helpful, happy and I even had them suggest they price match online without me having to ask and then someone go off to find the manager.

But how long will it last? Like Halfords branches the staff move on and they start getting kids from school looking for a temp job or rejects from other chains (what we used to call ex-Dixons salesmen, but they're no longer Dixons. I always say Halfords are staff by these people).

Found the same with a local branch of Kwik Fit. Newly opened and service was great, and the staff happy to discuss what you want and work out the best deal for you. Now the staff are miserable and don't want to deal with you, and when they are forced to they just try to rip you off with the usual tricks.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I sent my forks off to Marzocchi a few months ago to get repaired. Took 7 weeks, with no word ever as to when they would be done.

Be happy your at least able to get near them easily. If I wanted to go get my forks when they were out, I would have had to spend 200 on trains and 9 hours each way.

It's just coming out of the start of the riding season, repairs like this will be slow. In no way, shape, or form the fault of evans.