Downhill

andrewyzfr6andrewyzfr6 Posts: 194
edited June 2011 in Downhill, freeride and 4X
I picked up my Orange 224 last week, and havent been anywhere on it yet :cry:

Other than fort bill and Inners, where else in Scotland is suitable for me to learn and have fun?
Ive been on the DH track at fort bill in 09 and 2010 on several occasions on my 5.

Any tips?
I have been on moto-x'rs and racing quads for years, if they will help in my learning?
2011 Orange 224 evo race
2009 Orange 5 pro
2008 Scott Scale 30
2002 S-works m5 fsr

• MrChrisPMrChrisP Posts: 321
    Check out the 7Stanes in Scotland.

They are a set of biking centres spread across the South of Scotland: http://www.7stanes.com/ (Inners is one of them).

Then there's Fort Bill and farther north is Laggan Wolftrax. There are plenty of other centres across the north as well, but I'm guessing that having mentioned Fort Bill and Innners that you're based more around the central belt?

Either way, you've got some of the best biking trails in the whole country on your door step to throw your 224 down :D
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • andrewyzfr6andrewyzfr6 Posts: 194
    hi, thanks for the info.
    Im in the far north, in Wick. I go to fort bill as often as possible, as its only 3hours away.
    Ive been to glentress a few times, and have been told inners (7miles away) is excellent. I might get further during the summer, but only time will tell.
    Laggan, also 3 hours from me is good on the 5 but I havent though about taking the downhill bike there.
    I was told there is somewhere in perthshire?
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr