The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Whats all that about?
Why can't they be posted? Seems stupid!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They stopped official dealers posting them as too many people according to them were not getting the adjustments right or were buying completely the wrong size.
  • bloody stupid then! :evil:

Is it a legal agreement for being an official dealer then? no way around it?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bloody stupid then! :evil:

Is it a legal agreement for being an official dealer then? no way around it?
    Might be.
    Marin have a similar thing to prevent internet sales of new bikes. They want shop staff to advise, and assure proper fit.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    You can't post a Trek, but you can deliver it.

I believe Marin and Whyte have the same thing. They also try and discourage you from selling below RRP.
  • MattJWL
    MattJWL Posts: 147
    I believe Marin and Whyte have the same thing. They also try and discourage you from selling below RRP.

If that's true, it's monumentally illegal.
    Intense Carbine SL
    "Chinarello"
    Taylor Made
    Off to pastures new:
    CELL Team Pro
    Intense Spider FRO
    Giant XTC Composite Clone
    1992 Fisher Al-1
    1990 Raleigh Mirage
    1988 Cloria Italian MTB
  • Anonymous
    MattJWL wrote:

If that's true, it's monumentally illegal.
    Go build a monument to them then.
  • MattJWL
    MattJWL Posts: 147
    MattJWL wrote:
    Go build a monument to them then.
    Yeah, in your garden. When can I come round?
    Intense Carbine SL
    "Chinarello"
    Taylor Made
    Off to pastures new:
    CELL Team Pro
    Intense Spider FRO
    Giant XTC Composite Clone
    1992 Fisher Al-1
    1990 Raleigh Mirage
    1988 Cloria Italian MTB
  • Anonymous
    Thing is, MattJWL, they've been doing what they actually ARE doing for a long time, and there have been a number of threads on it.
    Do you not think that maybe one shop would have thought "hang on, that's a bit iffy", and taken them to task over it?
    Or, maybe, it's a bit more likely that people have either misunderstood, or heard made up stories about their business?
  • phantomx0_1
    phantomx0_1 Posts: 50
    It's a rip off. I bought a fuel ex 9. Expensive enough but then the wanted to charge me£60 ish for home fit. In the end got the shop to wave the cost as even they agreed that it was a con. Basically the bike is set up by them in the shop gears etc.. When they arrive all they did was check the suspension was set up right for me which anyone can do even a novice by watching one of the many vids on YouTube. You can't really get suspension right until you ride the bike countless times and keep tweeking it.

The did say it was a way for local bike shops to make a bit more money as well. With company's like cube and canyon up and coming trek and other makers need to be careful charging extras on top of their bikes which are already get left behind for spec and price!

Saying that i do love my Trek it's a awesome bit of kit!