Shimano HTII BB Compatibility

El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited May 2011 in Workshop
Would an Ultegra 6700 BB work with a 105 5600 crankset. For some reason the Ultegra BB is cheaper than the 105 one on CRC...

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Yeah, theyre all interchangeable
  • PeterBL
    PeterBL Posts: 209
    At least all road ones are interchangeable. I'm not sure about MTB, but I think they are wider/with spacers.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I'm not sure about MTB, but I think they are wider/with spacers.

correctamundo
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    WRT the road ones, does anyone actually know if there are any differences between Sora / Tiagra / 105 / Ultegra / DuraAce apart from the colour of the alloy cups?? Anybody weighed the things or dismantled a broken one to see the innards??
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    PeterBL wrote:
    At least all road ones are interchangeable. I'm not sure about MTB, but I think they are wider/with spacers.

Ah, my mistake.
  • stardude
    stardude Posts: 255
    for £10 more, why not just get the Dura-ace one?
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    keef66 wrote:
    WRT the road ones, does anyone actually know if there are any differences between Sora / Tiagra / 105 / Ultegra / DuraAce apart from the colour of the alloy cups?? Anybody weighed the things or dismantled a broken one to see the innards??

Yes they do weigh a few grams less as you go up the range, the bearings themselves are different as well as the seals. Basically parts get more durable and lighter as you go up the range.

IIRC you also get a better warranty on the higher range stuff. 2 years for Ultegra and 3 years for DA.