Shutt VR Pro Bibshorts the best £100?

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
Need some new bibs, currently use Gore and these look a good deal.
Are the y the best bang for the buck under £100?

Cheers

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    After reading the recommendations etc I went for these. Not tried them yet though, as they haven't arrived.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • glasgowbhoy
    cheers, where from and how much?
  • Aggieboy
    Here. Buy yourself a gobstopper with the change.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    I had a pair, they were comfy and fitted quite well but I just couldn't justify the price. I have myself a pair of Endura FS250 shorts and for half the price they do exactly the job I was after. £51
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Ribble have Assos Uno's at £103 at the moment, so for the sake of a few extra £££'s I would upgrade.

I own both these and the VR Pro's - the VR's are fine for the money but the Assos are a real step up in quality, fit and quality of pad IMO. At full RRP the VR's would be a relative bargain, but the the discounted price the Uno's are hard to beat.
  • glasgowbhoy
    Thanks AJB . Got the Assos UNO's from my LBS at the ribble price when I was in on Sat amd wore them today in the Fred Whitton. Now I know what all the fuss is about. So much better than my gore power pad and my a*se was delighted
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Castellis are da bom. I have the Shutts and Assos Unos and Milles. They are all good but the Castellis are just ace!
  • Aggieboy
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Castellis are da bom. I have the Shutts and Assos Unos and Milles. They are all good but the Castellis are just ace!

Used my for the first time yesterday on a quick spin. Very comfy once I'd sorted out the leg length. Didn't realise they're shorter in the leg than current bibs, and had the gripper too far down my leg to start. This meant the pad didn't stay in the right place once I'd done a few miles, all well once readjusted.

Most importantly, they look the dogs. 8)