Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

Flat Pedals

simonp123simonp123 Posts: 490
edited April 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on flat pedals.
I need to replace my Crank Brothers 5050XX pedals as the "sealed" bearings are shot, and after coughing up for a rebuild kit I discover that the plastic end caps are impossible to get out after 2 year's use :roll: Not surprising really given that the end caps are made of a softish plastic, so the allen key just slips round in the hex. No ammount of persuasion with a screwdriver and hammer would persuade them to turn and now the whole end of the cap is gone. Anyway I am ranting on, but feel annoyed that in reality you cannot rebuild these so wasted money really.

Anyway.. I need some new flatties for trail riding. I'd prefer something with sealed bearings as I ride in all conditions, but also sturdy as I am no lightweight. So far the DMR V12 looks great value, amything else I should consider? Good grip in muddy conditions would ne helpfull.

Thanks,

Simon

• getonyourbikegetonyourbike Posts: 2,804
    Don't get any DMRs except the Vaults which are good but very expensive. Superstar Nanos are where it's at. Lots of grip and very thin. After 6 months riding, 19 miles a day I had a look inside mine and the grease looked a little 'off'. So i put some more grease in and span them. The old grease came out the other side and the new clean stuff is in. Easy, only took 5 minutes.
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    Wellgo MG1
    Or just about any other Wellgo with pins.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools