2010 cannondale trail SL 5

dusty500
dusty500 Posts: 3
edited April 2011 in MTB buying advice
Been looking at the above model at Pauls cycles online reduced to £400, or would I be better off sticking to this years Hardrock/Trek 3700 ? Or has anyone any other suggestions around the same budget.

First new bike in many years so any help appriciated....

Comments

• Alright mate. I just ordered the same bike today. Asked about it on another forum and heard lots of positive things about it. Sounds like a good shout if you want to upgrade it in the future as the frame is apparently fairly lightweight.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is much better than the 3700 and Hardrock.
  • Love cannondale over others for ride and feel. Such a shame that they are always a fair amount more than other manufacturers. Getting it from Pauls is an ace idea.
    I don't mind what they say... as long as they say its enormous
  • Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    My brother has the 2011 incarnation and the build quality on the frame is as youd expect from such a manufacturer. If the omega fork is anything like the gila on his though, youll probably find yourself wanting for an upgrade at some point. that aside seems a good spec, built on a great frame.
  • dusty500
    dusty500 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the replies

I've now ordered the bike on the strength of the frame, £400 looks a good deal, the ancilleries are'nt going to last for ever anyway so I can replace when needs be.

Many thanks for your comments,